Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,847

3 members and 2,844 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Week 5 on Weight Watchers Completed

I started Weight Watchers on Sunday, January 2nd. It's interesting that the day I joined, all the New Year Resolution folks were joining and it was standing room only. While the timing of my joining fit in with New Year resolutions, for me, it wasn't - it just coincided with me being ready to start again. Today, week 5, I noticed that our meeting no longer has standing room only attendance, but is still pretty full.

Each week I go in knowing I've followed the plan, but feel like I'll register a gain (poof body self-image, I suppose). But each week I'm stunned by how well I'm losing on this new Points Plus plan that Weight Watchers rolled out. I'm eating cleaner than I've eaten in a long time, I'm never hungry and I'm genuinely enjoying the plan and feel empowered.

So, today I lost 3 lbs for a total of 18.2 lbs lost in 5 weeks. The online tracker has "yelled" at me for the past two weeks that I'm losing weight too quickly and that I need to eat more. I joked about it with my leader and we agreed that eventually my weight loss will settle into the .5 to 2 lb a week loss that WW recommends. I eat all my daily target points, all the activity points I earn and about 1/2 to 2/3 of my weekly points (it's a "bank" of 49 points a week that can be used daily, or saved for a special occasion event - like going out to eat with friends).

I can't see the loss yet in the mirror, but I can now pull my jeans on and off without unzipping or unbuttoning them! LOL Thank goodness for hips to hold them up!

BPnet Veteran Chocolate Muffin's's Avatar
    Thanks
    Huge Congratulations, that us wonderful Robin. 18Lbs, do you have any idea how much weight that is, in 5 weeks? Fantastic! Its is sooooooooooooooo worth it!
    Chocolate Muffin (f- normal) - 4 1/2 years old
    Nico N. Wilson (f - normal) - 20 years old

and introducing:

Doreanne P. Smithe - 3 years old
    (f - BCI /CRTB)

WELCOME HOME!
    Doreanne

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chocolate Muffin's For This Useful Post:

rabernet (02-07-2011)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Week 5 on Weight Watchers Completed

I know it's 72 sticks of butter!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

Chocolate Muffin's (02-07-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's SO awesome, Robin!!

I'm right there with you on the whole body image thing. It's a very powerful thing. It's one of the reasons I've gotten so discouraged with past weight loss successes...because no matter how much weight I lose, I still see a big person in the mirror. Hopefully this time with me being so consciously aware of that phenomenon, I can get past it this time. I can't wait to see you again and we can hug our skinny selves!!
    -- Judy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

rabernet (02-07-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    I started Weight Watchers on Sunday, January 2nd. It's interesting that the day I joined, all the New Year Resolution folks were joining and it was standing room only. While the timing of my joining fit in with New Year resolutions, for me, it wasn't - it just coincided with me being ready to start again. Today, week 5, I noticed that our meeting no longer has standing room only attendance, but is still pretty full.

Each week I go in knowing I've followed the plan, but feel like I'll register a gain (poof body self-image, I suppose). But each week I'm stunned by how well I'm losing on this new Points Plus plan that Weight Watchers rolled out. I'm eating cleaner than I've eaten in a long time, I'm never hungry and I'm genuinely enjoying the plan and feel empowered.

So, today I lost 3 lbs for a total of 18.2 lbs lost in 5 weeks. The online tracker has "yelled" at me for the past two weeks that I'm losing weight too quickly and that I need to eat more. I joked about it with my leader and we agreed that eventually my weight loss will settle into the .5 to 2 lb a week loss that WW recommends. I eat all my daily target points, all the activity points I earn and about 1/2 to 2/3 of my weekly points (it's a "bank" of 49 points a week that can be used daily, or saved for a special occasion event - like going out to eat with friends).

I can't see the loss yet in the mirror, but I can now pull my jeans on and off without unzipping or unbuttoning them! LOL Thank goodness for hips to hold them up!
    Awesome to hear!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Skiploder For This Useful Post:

rabernet (02-12-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Well done.

Body image is a rough one. Especially out here in LALA land. I find it hard to believe what is done in the name of beauty out here. Talk about in the eye of the beholder, whew.

Keep up the good work.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

rabernet (02-12-2011)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks Skip and Wes! Tomorrow is another weigh in, it will be interesting to see if my weight loss has slowed any. Every week I expect it to, and every week I've been shocked to see the loss. I've probably just jinxed myself! LOL

Today I did a major de-cluttering with the help of a good friend of mine, and wow my home looks so nice now, but I'm mentally exhausted, and we worked straight through lunch. By dinner I still didn't have an appetite. No telling what that will do for me tomorrow. I'll be sure to post my results though - good, bad or ugly!