Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,974

1 members and 2,973 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Thread: worth it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts

Question worth it?

I am posing my question to the image makers out there. I am a professional photographer, I work in a colour managed calibrated work flow. Most of my work is colour critical and the correct colour is very important to my clients and I. I own a pair of Viewsonics they are a good monitor but not a great one. The accuracy is very good but for the Yellow/Blue spectrum. The gamut clips the yellow blues compared to the printers I use.

The question, is it worth the extra cash for an Eizo cg243w?

I have a pair of i1s so I don't really need the self calibration version. It is so much cash just to get that 6% better colour. Is there anyone here whom uses one? In my area there is not any I know of, so it is a bit of a shot in the dark and with 2500 on the line I really like an opinion.

Thanks,
    Alex

Thanks
    Only you can answer that question. But reading your sentence about how critical color accuracy is, then it may be wise for you to get it.

I am a photographer by living, and in my opinion I must have the best equipment available to me. The equipment combined w/ my skills allows me to deliver the very best images possible to my clients.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts
    That is basically what I had thought but it is not perfect I am about 94% accuracy and it will get me according to the specs 96 maybe 97% It is a lot of cash for a maybe 3% gain. I have been asking around a lot and have yet to encounter someone whom uses one or even has the quality I currently have, so the gain on paper is there that much gain in reality? Thanks for your thoughts I am still conflicted if it was less cash there would not be an issue but the $2500 for a 24 inch monitor is just hard to swallow.