Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 287

1 members and 286 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.

» Today's Birthdays


» Stats

Members: 64,658
Threads: 239,154
Posts: 2,484,631
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, NewmanLovesSnakes
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Tokyo, Japan
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Images: 5

    Question Help!! I'm moving back the US and want to bring my BP


    I'm a US citizen currently living and working in Tokyo, Japan. I'm moving back to the US in April and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what I should do.

    I tried to ask a reptile shop here, but they were not very helpful at all.

    I've just applied for C.I.T.E.S permit with the U.S Fish and Wildlife Service. Do I need to do anything with the USDA as well?

    Also, what's the best way to transport my snake home? Should use a cargo plane or transport her with me as checked luggage?

    Last but not least, how should I pack (or box or cage) my Ball Python for the journey?

    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    "I've been bit by the radioactive spider "

    0.1 Spider

  2. #2
    Steel Magnolia rabernet's Avatar
    Join Date
    In the Nest
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 3,091 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Images: 46

    Re: Help!! I'm moving back the US and want to bring my BP

    You will have to ship, you cannot carry them on the plane.

    I'd reach out to some of the breeders who ship internationally for some guidance.

    Two that come to mind are Tim Bailey - muddoc on this site and Justin Koyblka, jkobylka on this site.

  3. #3
    Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    221b Baker Street
    Thanked 3,880 Times in 2,146 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Images: 107
    You will also need an import export license to apply for the permit.. they require that to even process it..You will also need to apply for CITES in Japan (if japan is a CITES country) other wise they will never leave the country. You might also have to have an exporters license for the country of Origin aka Japan.. Just things to check into..
    Last edited by Freakie_frog; 02-01-2011 at 09:38 PM.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1