Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,821

0 members and 1,821 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

View Poll Results: Who will Win UFC 126 Siva or Belfort?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Silva

5 50.00%
  • Belfort

5 50.00%
    Thanks

UFC 126 Who do you think is going to Win Siva or Belfort??

Belfort was a beast to be reckoned with in his prime! I'm excited to see how Silva handles this one. In his last bout Silva showed that he was human and could be beaten with Belfort coming off the destruction of Franklin he could steal his crown... Either way I'm pretty pumped for this fight. So what do you think BP.net Silva or Belfort

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts
    I'm rooting for Belfort, simply because I don't like Silva's personality.

I thought Silva was going to lose his last fight, his desire has been draining (and he would be out of MMA if it wasn't for his contract). I think he desires to "not lose" more than he desires to win.

That said, I'm expecting this to be a pretty even match. If it goes to decision, I think Belfort will score more points.

What we really need is someone who practices risky maneuvers.. such as a scissor kick takedown to heel hook. Silva's seen that one once though so it may not work, but no one throws scissor kick takedowns at all in the UFC. It may be risky but I think that's a good argument that it should be worth throwing once in a while.

Thanks
    If no one gets knocked out! It will go to the fan favorite! Just ask Tito after the last Forrest fight....UFC is all bout who the fans want to win! I'm glad the UFC has done what it has for MMA. But, I hate to see my fighters dream of one day fighting for that orginization!
    Shorty
    Voo Doo Reptile

www.iherp.com/shorty54

Thanks

Re: UFC 126 Who do you think is going to Win?

I sure hope it's Belfort and god willing it won't go to decision. The Nevada Athletic Commission judges just plain don't know MMA, half of them are boxing judges who just transfered over when the sport got bigger. They need to ditch judges like Cecil Peoples and get some actual MMA judges in there who know what they are watching.
    I've grown so tired of Silva's fighting attitude, he's not fought to 'win' in a long time. Whenever he finally loses I hope it's in impressive fashion.

Thanks

Re: UFC 126 Who do you think is going to Win?

Ok with the fight being tomorrow and the voting at 50/50 we need some more votes people! So c'mon BP.net who will be the victor?

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    I'm rooting for Belfort, simply because I don't like Silva's personality.

I thought Silva was going to lose his last fight, his desire has been draining (and he would be out of MMA if it wasn't for his contract). I think he desires to "not lose" more than he desires to win.

That said, I'm expecting this to be a pretty even match. If it goes to decision, I think Belfort will score more points.
    I could not agree more. Though everyone know Silva is a Bad-ass It seems like He really dosent have the desire to tear his opponets apart like he used to. Up until the Kote fight he won every one in the first round. Now his only concern is dancing around,trash talking and to keep that belt around his skinny little waist. How about pleasing the fans and going in there looking to knock someones head off?

Quote Originally Posted by NewParadigms View Post
    I sure hope it's Belfort and god willing it won't go to decision. The Nevada Athletic Commission judges just plain don't know MMA, half of them are boxing judges who just transfered over when the sport got bigger. They need to ditch judges like Cecil Peoples and get some actual MMA judges in there who know what they are watching.
    I've grown so tired of Silva's fighting attitude, he's not fought to 'win' in a long time. Whenever he finally loses I hope it's in impressive fashion.
    I agree the judges really don't have a clue Shogun ve Machita anyone?

Thanks

Re: UFC 126 Who do you think is going to Win Siva or Belfort??

All I can say is Damn It! Belfort was looking fairly sharp too until that freak kick.

Thanks

Re: UFC 126 Who do you think is going to Win Siva or Belfort??

Yea I was fairly dissapointed that it didnt go any further. I also thought the Bader/Jones fight would have been better.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts
    I didn't think Belfort was going to win but I honestly thought it would be a much better fight (as I am sure everyone did). I was REALLY hoping Belfort was going to pull it off though because I really like him and I do not care for Silva much at all. I do not like Silva because of how he acts and things he says but I do give him much respect for the fact that he is a very good fighter.
    Jeff Bernard