Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,467

2 members and 3,465 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Need Help With Deciding On This Girl...

I rather like this orange ghost female, but would like help with deciding whether her purchase would be good for any future breeding plans of mine. I like this ghost pattern with it's dark/smokey grays and orange contrast. I already have a 2008 light normal male (see avatar) and will have a 2010 pied male once the weather warms up. What would be good choices for female morph additions for my males in the future?

What is a fair market value for a female with this morph? (don't give me the "whatever the buyer will pay" for it either) People can PM me if they wish.
    Visit Bradbury Ball Pythons on Facebook and Instagram!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Need Help With Deciding On This Girl...

IMO you can never have enough female ghost. she will be a great project to put with your male pied the ghost pied is awesome. Ive seen ghost go between 275 and 400 depends on how it looks.

Thanks
    I'd try to find a het pied female to go with that pied male
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Normal
    1.0 Spider

Thanks
    Ghost pied is an amazing project, given that you're ready to keep double hets, growin them and eventually hittin the odds on producin a double recessive visual.

I suggest any codom het for pied females to maximize your incoming pied. Like pastel het for pied, spider het for pied, etc

Thanks
    It's hard to go wrong getting a female ghost, but if you are looking for a female that goes with your current collection, then get a female het pied or, even better, a female pastel het pied.
    Maki
    www.PacificCoastReptiles.com
    Also on Facebook

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would also look into a female het pied. You could get a pastel het pied, or a ghost het pied-that will be really pricey though. Recessives take a lot longer to work with, so IMO there's no sense in getting a bunch of recessives if they don't have mates.

I can't say for sure how much she would be, ghosts have really dropped in price, I know I was seeing males in the $200 range, so $300-$350 for a female is probably close, I can't remember for sure.

Thanks
    Thank you guys for your opinions and suggestions. I guess I'll be trying to save up some $$ for a pastel het pied? That was what I was kinda leaning towards anyway.

If the breeder ever contacts me with his paypal email I will probably go ahead and get the girl pictured above. He's selling her for a bit cheaper than what you guys suggested. Plus, I really think she's pretty! I think she'll make a nice addition either way.
    Visit Bradbury Ball Pythons on Facebook and Instagram!

Thanks
    I got a ghost this year and I also got two het ghost girls that are ready to breed also. I have seen some pastel het pied girls that where priced really good earlier this year. the only thing you have to think with her is esp with being recessive is the time it takes to work on making ghost pieds. I would use the money that you where going to use for the ghost girl to get the pastel het pied girl, at least you have a better chance of making something really nice this year.
    DC Reptiles.com coming soon....