Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,824

1 members and 2,823 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Day 144 - You'll NEVER guess who I got to meet today!

I did get to meet some GREAT BP.netters and other local herp enthusiasts...and I don't want to take away from how much I enjoyed that meeting...but it doesn't have anything to do with weight loss, so I'll talk about that more elsewhere on the site.

We went to church this morning, as we usually do. We go to the earliest service (out of three Sunday morning services)...and sometimes that is a bit of a pain to drag ourselves out of bed...but it was SO worth it today!

Ever watch Biggest Loser? I LOVE that show, btw. I sometimes find it a bit discouraging because I can't lose weight THAT fast... ...most of the time though, I find it extremely motivational and full of good tips as well.

So...our guest at church today? None other than Michael Ventrella...the winner of Season 9. He got to share with the congregation for a few minutes during the regular service. He talked about how God was his strength and comfort throughout the whole thing. He mentioned how it would get frustrating because he talked about God a lot during the filming, but none of it made it on air. But he was very positive overall about the whole experience. Afterwards, I got to shake his hand and talk with him for a few minutes. And he pulled out some photos and autographed one for me, including a personal note because I'd kind of impressed him. (I seriously almost want to squeeee! How goofy is that???)

I'd told him that I really wish I could get onto the show...but I never will, because I don't have time to wait that long. I need to lose my weight NOW and not wait for the next casting call or the one after that or the one after that. He was really happy to hear that. He said, "You don't know how many people come up to me and talk about how they could lose the weight IF they got on the show. You have such a great attitude!"

So that was my excitement for the day. And then later in the morning, I got to go out and hang out with some great herpers. All in all, a truly wonderful day!

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
    - 1 Corinthians 6:19

-- Judy

-- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Day 144 - You'll NEVER guess who I got to meet today!

PS - the reason I said it was "worth it" to make it to the early service today was because that is the least crowded service, so I got to very easily walk up to Mike and shake his hand and talk with him. The other two services are always packed, and I imagine it would have been a lot harder to get that few moments of one-on-one time. Church is ALWAYS "worth it"!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts
    That's pretty cool.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

JLC (01-24-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    Cool beans
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to llovelace For This Useful Post:

JLC (01-24-2011)