Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 635

2 members and 633 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

...Pepsi addiction, constant tooth problems

I'm hooked on Pepsi, and the caffeine in it.
    I love the way Pepsi tastes, looks, smells, feels, I love how I feel when I drink it.
    I had been doing so good not drinking it, since it is literally killing my teeth, and the other day I caved and bought a 2 liter which I finished in a few hours.
    I just got another root canal the other day, because one of my fillings went so deep it irritated the hell out of my nerve. Now I'm taking hydros, which I fear because I have been addicted to them before, and advil--the pain is horrible, horrible nerve pain. I'm trying to wait it out to save my teeth and see if it gets better. If it doesn't, the remaining bottom teeth on my left side will have to have root canals. It's all they can do.
    This is my 3rd root canal since 2010.
    I'm 17 years old. My teeth started looking awful after my braces, which took all the enamel off my teeth.
    Now the soda addiction is killing me. With the pain, and the hydrocodones making me sleepy and drugged, I keep drinking more and more Pepsi.
    I can't stop. Right now I feel hopeful that, as long as I keep taking advil every 4 hours on the dot, I can maybe wait a few months and see if the pain cuts out...but I feel helpless as to how I'm going to give up Pepsi. Now I have to start all over. I'm so disappointed in myself.
    Yet I sit here drinking a cup of it as I post this.
    Ugh.
    I can't stop. It's so hard. I get aches when I don't drink it; my mind wants it all day. It's so yummy. I see it on TV. I see it in the store. My mom drinks it all the time and so does my sister in law. It's at most of my friend's houses.
    I love it so much.
    I shouldn't have it...I'm trying so hard. It's not working.
    I guess I'll start over now.
    If I make it through today then tomorrow will be day 1 of no pepsi in a long time.
    Shellie
    2.3 normal ball pythons
    .1 ultramel motley het caramel corn snake
    1. butter motley het caramel+stripe corn snake
    1. fiance I had to rehome my kitty, and my dog got cancer and we put her down. RIP.(Did I forget anything??)

Thanks
    Pepsi donated $250,000 to the HSUS. That should be enough incentive to stop drinking it. Sorry to hear of your tooth troubles, however.
    Maia D. Goldworm CVT, VTS (anesthesia)

Thanks
    What is HSUS? And thanks
    Last edited by shelliebear; 01-23-2011 at 12:30 PM.
    2.3 normal ball pythons
    .1 ultramel motley het caramel corn snake
    1. butter motley het caramel+stripe corn snake
    1. fiance I had to rehome my kitty, and my dog got cancer and we put her down. RIP.(Did I forget anything??)

Thanks

Re: ...Pepsi addiction, constant tooth problems

Pepsi is terrible IMHO, but I was in love with mountain dew. I would drink 4 cans before work, and once I got to work I would have 5+ big glasses just to have something to sip on. I knew this was a problem, and I've had many cavities the past few years because of this.

My new years resolution was to quit soda, quit fast food, and workout (I have a set personal goal for this). Quitting soda was the easiest!!! Fast food was hard, just because I'm so busy and it's SO easy to just grab before work, grab after work.

I haven't drank soda since new years eve and I feel great! I've lost 12 lbs so far on my "diet". I feel great drinking water.

I know how hard quitting soda is though, I do get cravings quite often. I wish you luck! I know you can do it!
    1.3 lovely normals 1.1 Piebald 0.1 red tail boa (Pandora) 1.0 sinaloan milk snake and one nasty corn snake! 2.3.1 Cresties 0.0.1 chahoua 0.0.1 leachianus
    1.1 Ferrets (Snoball & Panda)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shelliebear View Post
    What is HSUS? And thanks
    They're just one of the many organizations trying to ban snakes.

Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time with Pepsi. I used to drink alot of soda til I met my BF, he's a health nut and when I moved in he never had soda. So I got used to drinking water. IMO, cold water out of a fresh filter tastes so much better than anything with added sugar for flavor.
    2.0 Crested Geckos

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shelliebear View Post
    What is HSUS? And thanks
    The "Humane Society" of the United States (HSUS) is NOT affiliated with any local humane societies anywhere in the United States or Canada. They do NOT fund or operate ANY animal shelters whatsoever. That name is part of their vast deception. People see the words "Humane Society" and automatically assume that this is an animal shelter/rescue or a network of shelters, that take in abused, homeless and neglected animals and adopt them out to new and loving homes, so people are willing to donate their money to support this organization. The HSUS does NOT own, operate, or fund in any way ANY animal shelters or rescue organizations, and they do NOT adopt out animals! They are strictly a lobby group which is seeking to end all animal use and ownership through the passage of laws at the local, state and Federal levels, laws which are outright bans, or laws which put such "red tape" and financial burdens on farmers, ranchers, animal breeders/sellers, food retailers, clothing shops, etc., that they will be forced to give up any association with animals or animal products. The goal of the HSUS, like that of PETA and ALF, is the total elimination of ALL animal-human associations, of ALL animal use by humans, no matter how indirect that use might be(like using eggs to develop flu vaccines, for instance). They are committed to forcing a totally vegan lifestyle on every man, woman and child, while exploiting controversial topics and public fears and ignorance, all the while putting up that false front of "helping" animals. They are a dangerous organization, as well, in more ways than one. TV news reports which have aired unfavorable reports about the HSUS have been threatened, and their spots removed. All anti-HSUS news broadcasts that were taped and put up on YouTube were removed, and can only be found on IRANIAN servers, now.
    Maia D. Goldworm CVT, VTS (anesthesia)

Thanks
    I apologize for being blunt... but it's soda. Just quit it. I've known people with caffeine addictions like coffee but come on. It obviously is hurting you more than helping, gather the mental strength to stop drinking it. You're describing Pepsi as if it's heroin.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    I know what you're saying Shellie, I was addicted to starbucks cold frapuccino's, I managed to cut back alot, 1 a week now. Try ibuprofen (if not allergic) it comes in 200mg tabs/caplets take 4 with food, it will help alot during the day, save the stronger stuff for bedtime.
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Advil IS ibuprofen.

Shellie, I'm afraid I don't think you're going to be able to "wait out the pain"....if a tooth has decayed down to the root, it's not going to un-decay, no matter how long you wait. You should just get it taken care of as soon as possible. I know it sucks big time....I'm a huge dentist-phobe myself. I go...but it's a big battle with myself every time.

As for the pepsi...I can relate to that, too. I've been hooked on diet pepsi and diet coke. I know it's a hard thing to avoid when everyone around you is drinking it. I've sworn to break its hold on me, but still have to buy it for my hubby. I can go weeks and weeks without having any now...and when I have some, I'm happy with a little bit, and then no more for another long stretch. It's really just a matter of making up your mind to NOT drink it. Yes, you may very well feel sick for a little while....but you HAVE to feel sick in order to start getting better again. But once your mind is made up, you can do anything.

Hint: Try switching to ice tea with splenda...a nice, sweet drink, but without all the sugar, acid, and other nasty chemicals that soda has.
    -- Judy

Sahuarita, AZ...about 30 miles SW of Tucson
    Thanks
    I totally get it.....Im hooked on Diet Coke and it is not good for you. I totally think this is the root of all evils with my stomach issues. But I love it...lol I try to cut myself down to one a day at this point. I also switched to drinking a lot of ice tea but I do it unsweetened. But even that if caffine which again is not great for you.

You really have to MAKE yourself drink water...water and more water. I am working on this since I am getting older and need to start buckeling down and taking care of myself. Water will make your skin tighter....keep you hydrated which helps your immune system. Not to mention coffee, tea and soda are one of the WORST things for your teeth. You also need to get into the dentist now before it gets worse. Talk to them about what you can do as far as sealants for your teeth. Some ppl are just naturally geared to have "soft" teeth. You have to work harder to keep them healthy. You should schedule every 3 months a cleaning as to keep them healthy. Sounds like this will help your teeth.
    Michelle
    Lets just say it has advanced to ....way too much to list

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast