Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,747

2 members and 2,745 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Day 142 -- Work Outs

Whew, I'm tired! But feeling pretty good. I've made it through the entire Jillian DVD three days in a row now. I was afraid at first that it would be harder to do each day, because I'd still be tired from the day before, but it hasn't been like that at all. Each run-through I do, I've been able to add a little bit more intensity to it than I did the day before.

The downside to such a vigorous work-out is that it makes me seriously hungry. LOL And makes it easier to justify a little more slippage on my eating intentions. Not tooo badly, but I'm gonna be really pissed at myself if I've put in this much work and then turn around and sabotage it at the same time by eating stupid stuff. So...more focus! I need to put more effort into the right thoughts and make those positive thought muscles stronger.

The slippage I went through the last few weeks really let those "thought muscles" atrophy somewhat. It's hard to get that aspect back on track, but it'll be well worth the effort. All the rest of it comes much, MUCH more easily if my head is in the right place and I'm focused on the right thought tracks.

Including the workouts. It wasn't so bad today, but yesterday, my brain tried really hard to talk me out of doing the workout. LOL Which seems funny, because it's the body that hurts, not the brain. The body has a lot of leverage with the brain though, doesn't it? SO, time to get that relationship turned back around. Time to remind myself each and every day WHY it's worth it to make the efforts I'm making. Time to learn how to LOVE the workouts, too. We'll get there! Today was easier already...so I'll get there!

Working out includes the mental as well as the physical. We can't ever forget that!

Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.
    - Proverbs 16:24

Work it out! --> <-- Work it out!

-- Judy

Last edited by JLC; 01-21-2011 at 08:04 PM.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 993 Posts
    Keep going with your workouts JLC. I stopped going to the gym a while back. I thought I would try something at home for a change. Hubby and I bought the Wii fit. It's a lot of fun and you get a low impact workout and you get to play games at the same time. Makes me mad that my hubby can do the hula hoop better than I can LOL!! The other night I got on the board and it told me I was over weight, unbalanced and that I had gained 1.1lbs. You would think that would be enough to keep me away from M&M cookies. Maybe one day. I saw on the Best Buy website that Jillian has a Wii workout I'm thinking about giving it a try.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DellaF For This Useful Post:

JLC (01-21-2011)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Day 142 -- Work Outs

We have a Wii, and I have wanted the Wii-Fit for some time now....but I have a bad habit of investing in work-out equipment (and gym memberships and diet programs) and not following through. But if I stick with this DVD for the long haul, then I think it'll be fair to get a 'Fit because I'd've proven that I'll use it this time. It'd be fun to have different routines and tools to mix things up.

I'd also considered Jillian's Wii workout...but wasn't sure if it would be the real Jillian, or a Jillian-Mii....and I wanted the real thing.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 993 Posts
    LOL! They had a trailor to go with Jillians Wii workout. She is the same push, push. That's exactly what I need. My sister said she got one of Jillians DVDs she said it's only a 20 minute workout. She said it was pretty good to. I need to be doing a workout now but here I sit with my new addition BP.net. This is a really cool site and so much to read and learn.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DellaF For This Useful Post:

JLC (01-21-2011)

Thanks

first off, congrats on keeping with the workouts!
    I think a great piece of workout equipment that you could invest in would be a good set of resistance bands.
    Resistace exercise is the #1 thing to do especially as you age.
    they are easy on the joints and are actually pretty tough.
    good luck!
    I'm not your friend buddy!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to djansen For This Useful Post:

JLC (03-27-2011)

Thanks

Grats and good luck! I need to be doing the same thing..lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Juliemay13 For This Useful Post:

JLC (03-27-2011)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Wow...I was JUST thinking about how I've neglected my journal here, and pow...one of my old threads gets bumped! Guess I should take that as a sign to get back on track, huh?

I've not gotten off track with my journey though. It's challenging and I'm not always 100% perfect...but I'm finally learning that I don't have to be in order to keep moving forward. The weight is slowly coming off and I'm still moving in the right direction.
    -- Judy