Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,849

3 members and 2,846 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Bad shipping procedures

I hope this is a lesson to new fresh shippers out there and Im sure that most know this but...

I recently bought a male pin and we were holding off on shipping bc of the weather. Monday the shipper contacted me and asked bc of the temps if I wanted to hold off. As a shipper myself I started asking about his shipping procedures and asking if he had certain supplies ie: 40 hr heat packs a couple of ship your reptiles boxes the styrofoam inserts and a styrofoam cooler box. When I ship in cold weather around 32.F I use all of these supplies on 1 shipment. It's always worked well and my animals have arrived safely. I was told he did and since the temps were in range I said that was the only way I was comfortable shipping. We agreed and he told me that if he was going to ship out he'd give me a call. I didn't hear from him and assumed he didn't ship but sent an email anyways to find out. The next morning my doorbell rang and ups dropped off a single cardboard box. I knew immediately that my pinstripe was dead. I opened the box and it was true. I was already In shock that he never called to give tracking, and used the company that I wasn't comfortable with, but also that he never followed what method of packing we both agreed was safest. I pulled apart the packaging, a little crumpled newspaper, and two handwarmers and I was compleatly disgusted that not only was I lied to and the animal died. But this snake never had a chance! Hand warmers are not heat packs especially 40 hr heat packs, they aren't ever ok to ship reptiles with . And a single box is not adequate for winter shipping in my experience. Even though I asked questions and was most definatley lied to this is a lesson to me that not everyone cares or cares to learn how to safely ship these guys. It can be done safely and it's our responsibility to provide it for them.
    Morgan Weiss

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Bad shipping procedures

That stinks. If someone tells me that they have the proper materials to ship me any item I expect it to be packaged right. This holds especially true with live animals. What was the sellers response when you told him/her that the snake arrived dead? Also sorry for the loss, and what a shame.
    “I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form.”Winston Churchill
    1.0 '10 piebald, 0.1 '10 het piebald, 01 '07 het. Piebald
    0.1 '10 lesser, 0.1 '10 albino, 1.0 '11 Black Pastel het. Albino, 0.1 '11 het. Albino, 0.1 '08 het. Albino, 0.1 '10 het. Albino
    0.1 '09 woma, 1.0 '10 Pewter, 0.1 '11 Lesser Bee
    0.1 '10 Super Cinnamon Woma, 0.1 '10 Mojave Spider, 0.1 '11 mojave, 0.1 Super Chocolate
    0.1 '10 Pastel Yellowbelly, 1.0 '11 Pastel Yellowbelly
    1.1 '10 yellowbelly, 0.2 '10 normal
    0.1 '08 Cinnamon, '08 Normal, 0.1 '10 Orange Ghost, 0.1 Black eyed lucy possible yellowbelly
    1.0 '11 Cinnamon Enchi, 1.0 '11 pastave
    0.1 '10 coral albino Boa, '10 1.0 Sunglow boa, 11 0.1 Motley boa
    0.1 '11 Central American hypo boa, 1.0 Central American Motley
    0.1 '11+T Albino Blood, 0.1 '11 poss het. +T Albino Blood

Thanks
    Wow are you kidding me!?

And yes, what was his response???
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Normal
    1.0 Spider

Thanks
    What was his name? I'm sure after hearing that story that I'm not the only one who would like to avoid any dealings with this person.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to m00kfu For This Useful Post:

HighVoltageRoyals (03-16-2011)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Bad shipping procedures

Quote Originally Posted by m00kfu View Post
    What was his name? I'm sure after hearing that story that I'm not the only one who would like to avoid any dealings with this person.

I was thinking the same thing...
    “I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form.”Winston Churchill
    1.0 '10 piebald, 0.1 '10 het piebald, 01 '07 het. Piebald
    0.1 '10 lesser, 0.1 '10 albino, 1.0 '11 Black Pastel het. Albino, 0.1 '11 het. Albino, 0.1 '08 het. Albino, 0.1 '10 het. Albino
    0.1 '09 woma, 1.0 '10 Pewter, 0.1 '11 Lesser Bee
    0.1 '10 Super Cinnamon Woma, 0.1 '10 Mojave Spider, 0.1 '11 mojave, 0.1 Super Chocolate
    0.1 '10 Pastel Yellowbelly, 1.0 '11 Pastel Yellowbelly
    1.1 '10 yellowbelly, 0.2 '10 normal
    0.1 '08 Cinnamon, '08 Normal, 0.1 '10 Orange Ghost, 0.1 Black eyed lucy possible yellowbelly
    1.0 '11 Cinnamon Enchi, 1.0 '11 pastave
    0.1 '10 coral albino Boa, '10 1.0 Sunglow boa, 11 0.1 Motley boa
    0.1 '11 Central American hypo boa, 1.0 Central American Motley
    0.1 '11+T Albino Blood, 0.1 '11 poss het. +T Albino Blood

Thanks
    x3

I can't even believe someone would take shipping a reptile so lightly. It NEEDS heat!
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Normal
    1.0 Spider

Registered User LOSTCOAST_BALLZ's Avatar
    Thanks
    WHAT A LOSER! thats just sad. i x4 we need to know about this person lol

Thanks
    Were like the mob
    Grab your pitch forks and torches.......?

0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Normal
    1.0 Spider

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 993 Posts
    I would have be pee od. I hope you gave him a good talking to. I agree he does need a pitch fork.

Thanks
    Yes I had a pretty good cry just to see an animal go through something like that is pretty awful but to be the receiver and already know was heartwrenching. I couldn't reach him on the phone surprise surprise but left a surprisingly calm message that pretty much said this definately wasn't what you told me you were going to do. And lying to me probably wasn't the greatest choice bc I would have at least tried to educate before an animals life was lost. And if you had given me honest answers I never would have said send him through. I think anyone beyond him could have seen that was a death sentence. I also sent him an email immediately with pictures of the animal and packaging to document. He responded with:

"I am sorry for what happened.When i packed the animal he had 3 heat packs and i was kinda of scraed of it being to mutch heat.A heat pack was taped to each end of the box and asmall heat pack was taped to the lid.Before i shipped him out i even shot the box with a heat gun on the out side of the box and the temps wereinthe mid eighty's on the box.I felt very comfortable shipping him the way i packed him.I have recieved many of animals in the mail, and i duplicated the way people have shipped to me and i have never had any probs.I will be out of town for the next 2 wks.I do feel bad for what happened this is the first time i have had something go wrong shipping an animal"
    First of all I am awaiting for another email from him with hopefully a bit more detail in it about what in the world happened with this whole thing. I also am giving him a chance to Make things right with me and maybe learn how or take a little advice on the right way to ship before I make every bit of his business public. My second step will be to jump over to fauna and post on the boi. Secondly even if he had 3 handwarmers in there it wouldn't have made a bit of difference bc they are crap. Those are not 40 hr heat packs which I specifically asked about more than once. Which he said he had more than once. But at this point I've gotten a gee I'm sorry I don't know what happened. Super that makes me feel so much better. In sure more updates will come as he answers or doesn't. I find it funny that he's out of town and could answer the first email but not the second pretty much saying ok you may haven't had problems yet or will admit that you have but the fact remains what are you going to do about this. It's not like the package was sitting on my doorstep all day. Or you packed him like you said you were going to and he still died. You didn't even try. So we need to come to a solution.
    Keep the fires lit and the pitch forks out.
    Morgan

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast