Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,609

0 members and 2,609 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Mine does not come out when i am in the livingroom. sometimes he stick his out then goes back into the hide

Thanks

Re: New proud parent :@)

1. I know the humidity needs to be higher what's the best way to do that/ misting techs. I have moss in there already I was thinking about putting. Warm damp towel above half the screened top. I use a damp towel over 85% of my tank, and it keeps the humidity at 55-60% for most of the day.

2. Since the new hide she has settled in the cool side coconut hide and has not left it's been so far about 12 hours that I can tell. Is this normal I think it is but I'm being a worry wart lol. Yup. They form favorite hides, just like we have favorite places to hang out in our houses. It's totally normal.

3. I'm going to try and feed her on Sunday 7days after I got her. When should I start trying to handle her to let her get a little more comfy around me? When I last held her ( while putting new hides in) she seemed relatively relaxed and just stayed curled around my hand. Wait 48 hours to at least let her digest. Otherwise she might give you back your mouse, and that's stressful for the snake, not to mention gross for you to clean up.

4. so sense last night when I got her new hides she went into the one on the cool side and has not yet cone out that I have seen. It's now night and she is still in there; now it's only been dark for like an hour and I obviously can't see if she has come out when I'm sleeping is this norm when I first get her? I thought about her shedding I have not seen any signs of ghat yet. I think I'm just being over protective. Again, it could be the favorite hide thing. Or they could be like people; I know I LOVE hot weather and HATE cold weather. She could just be enjoying the cool side more. My girl really likes the warm side. As long as your BP is healthy, eating well and your temperatures and humidity are in the right zones, I don't think you need to worry. I'd try and get your cool side down closer to 80 degrees though and see if that helps. She might think the "cool side" is the "warm side", haha.

Thanks
    Yeah I'm going to put a towel on it, and just change it daily. Thanks for the help. She came out last night because a lot of water was missing

Thanks
    I got the humidity up to 90% I misted then out the towl. So I took of the towl and am going to wait till it drys out a bit. I'm hoping everyone else had an adjustment period like me lol. She does cone out and look at me when I visit her :@). I'm thinking about moving the bulb over the warm side turning off the heating pad and see what the temps even out a bit and have a oil norebofna cool warm side. We hall see

Thanks
    Update: well just letting you guys know pandora ate for me tonight :@) I fed the first time i fed her 1 fuzzy I'm guessing that should be enough. I'll try again in 5 days. I have the humidity down pat. The wet towl trick Really helps. my temps had been a little off so I turned off the light and just have the under pad on at the moment. I'm going to buy smaller watt bulbs tomorrow.'but if she ate everything must be alright :@) cone saterday I'm gunna handle her a bit. So far she is a real beauty and is working out great. Couldn't be happier.

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Your cool side is warm enough if she wants to park there for a few days. She'll eventually get up the courage move over to the warm side and start thermoregulating properly... but as long as she's otherwise healthy, she'll be fine if she chooses to spend a few days at 80-85F.

Did you get her shipped, or locally? Shipped snakes usually take longer to settle in.

Congratulations! I hope she comes out soon--I still get a kick out of watching them cruise in the evenings.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanak2008 View Post

Also does everything above sound correct? And as far as handling I have heard leave her alone for a week, others say a few days then handle daily for shirt periods. I know there are differences between pythons.
    I started handling mine a few days after getting him. only thing that made me wait is he was raised 4 breading so hadn't been handled much and was in deep shed. I handle him all the time now even during shed periods he never seems to mind unless i keep him out 4 more then 5 or 6 hrs then he gets a bit rambunctious, but not aggresive unless its feeding week.

Thanks

Just an update. Pandora shed in one piece! So I'm proud of her. It was a ball of skin since she stayed in her hide and rubbed against the coconut. She got really active and it was my day to feed. So I placed the mouse in and she ate. I was told she ate early this morning so about 5 hours after I put it in there. Anyway just wanted to share how happy I am :@) I'm moving into another apartment so I can have more. Planning on getting an albino this season from a breeder.

Thanks

My Newly Pinstripe Is In Between The Tub And Hide He Sometimes Gets In His Hide. Is This Of Any Concern.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LegitProblem View Post
    My Newly Pinstripe Is In Between The Tub And Hide He Sometimes Gets In His Hide. Is This Of Any Concern.
    From my experience with pandora she did that when I first got her. I had a half log hide and she did not like it at all. I went back And got her two coconut hides and after I showed them to her she loved it. Now she is in them all the time. I will say they seem to small for her but you would be surprised how much they can squeeze into a tight spot. I wouldnmaybe try another hide. ;@)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast