Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,949

0 members and 1,949 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Weight Watchers - Week 2 Weigh in Results are in!

And I know that I didn't post last week's results. Last week, I lost 5.6 lbs and this week I lost 3.8 lbs. I know that a healthy weight loss is .5-2 lbs a week, it's a marathon, not a race.

What do I love about Weight Watchers new Points Plus program? In a word - EVERYTHING! Not once have I felt hungry. Not once have I felt deprived. Not once have I CRAVED junk food.

This new program focuses on healthier choices, but also allows you the chance to still enjoy the foods you enjoyed before - in moderation.

If you're not familiar with Weight Watchers, this new plan focuses not on calories, but on fat, fiber, protein and carbs. Your points are calculated (with a special calculator or online tools, even a handy dandy phone app) on a combination of the four.

Fruits are FREE - but not to gorge yourself, but in moderation. Most veggies are free, except for starchy ones - but beans are still great protein choices.

I've been eating better than I ever have. I make it a daily goal to get in all my GHG's - Good Health Guidelines, which are 6 fluids a day (any non-alcoholic fluid counts, even coffee, even diet soda), 5 fruits and veggie servings a day, 1 multi-vitamin a day, 2 dairy a day, 2 healthy oils a day (that's 2 tsp a day) and activity. They also encourage you to get in whole grains.

When I get hungry for a snack, I review my GHG's - if I'm short on something (say fruits/veggies), I'll grab a banana. Or short on Dairy, I'll grab a yogurt and mix in some blueberries.

On top of your daily points, you earn points for activity, and you get 49 Weekly points to be used when you need them. They could be for a day that you just need some extra food to feel satisfied, or they could be for dining out on a special occasion.

I went out Friday night and had a 10 point spider roll (I have 41 points a day) and steamed sea bass with a light ginger soy sauce on the side, and asked for my veggies to be steamed. The sea bass entree was only 3 points.

Last night, I went to the Falcons/Packers game. I went to the game with 29 daily points still left, and enjoyed an order of nacho's with my friend who is also doing weight watchers. We looked up the value for the most "expensive" nacho's in points and just counted 1/2 a serving each and we both still had daily points left.

I guess what I'm saying - a diet doesn't have to feel like a diet to be successful. You can still enjoy the foods you've always loved if you plan for them. You start to look at food as fuel, rather than as a narcotic (which is how most of us who are overweight treat it). You can eat delicious food, and you CAN lose weight.

And Trader Joe's - man how I love Trader Joe's. So many point friendly choices! And if you've never had Greek Yogurt, try it! I recommend Fage brand, 2% with blueberries.

Weight Watcher's works for me, because there's literally NOTHING that I have to give up for the rest of my life. If someone told me I could NEVER eat a certain food that I loved again - I couldn't do it. I can't do deprivation dieting.

I can however, change my view of how I view foods and the choices that I make. I would much rather have some clementines than nutritionally empty Frankenfoods (ie - 100 calorie snack packs). That's not to say that I haven't had "chippy" type food, I have. But I can't say that it's what stands out to me as my most enjoyable choice of the day.
    Last edited by rabernet; 01-16-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts
    Congrats on your success Robin. It's a hard road to travel but you seem to be well up to the task!
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Weight Watchers - Week 2 Weigh in Results are in!

Thank you! With Weight Watchers - I don't think it will be a long road! I can't lose anything, except for weight with them!

BTW - love your signature - I often feel I'm a thread killer as well! LOL

They call me Emilius LOL Emilio's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,004 Posts

Congrats Robin your doing great.
    Absolutely obsessed with ball pythons!

http://www.facebook.com/VillarinoReptiles?ref=hl

Villarino reptiles Morph market

Contacts

Villarinoreptiles@gmail.com
    Or tex 7868774281

Thanks
    Have u made the cabbage soup yet ITS AMAZING ITS IN ONE IF TGE WW RECIPE BOOKS

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I made the veggie soup years ago, but haven't made it yet this go-around. I've made a couple other soups, and today it's salsa chicken in the crock pot!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's awesome, Robin!!
    -- Judy

Thanks

Congrats! Although I do not do weight watchers, I do watch what I eat. I am bodybuilding now, so I have to be pretty strict.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.