Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,151

0 members and 3,151 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

What Morphs am I dealing with?

This is a picture of my younger snake I got from a local pet store. Do you think it is an Enchi Morph? Or maybe just a lighter variance of the Normal?
    <P>

<P>
    <P>
    This is my larger snake I bought from a friend. I believe it is the Normal Morph.
    <P>

Registered User nicolexdisaster's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What Morphs am I dealing with?

they are both normals. there are many different looking normals out there. they are pretty tho!

Thanks

i also see that your two ball pythons are in the same tank. it is better to house them seperatly. take a look around the site, especially the care sheets. you might also want to bump up your humidity. the bigger one looks like it had a bad shed.
    just some suggestions!!!

x nicole

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts
    Both normals.

This whole "is my snake a morph" thing is one of the biggest cliches on these forums, lol.

Thanks
    So is the lighter one just a lighter morph? Does Normal Morph mean that they have certain pattern of markings? They are just a lot different in color. As you can see the smaller is a lot lighter. If I was ever to breed them together if they are opposite sex would they come out with anything interesting you think? Or just more normals of the same two colors?

Thanks
    Just more normals.
    - Dave Harms - www.wax32.com | Pinstripe, Yellow Belly, Sulfur, Cinnamon ph G-Stripe, Pastel het Hypo | Pastel, Fire, Albino, Mojave, Lesser Platinum ph G-Stripe, Pastel ph G-Stripe, het G-Stripe, het Hypo, het Piebald, Pastel Yellowbelly

Thanks
    Cliche maybe but I am new to the world of ball pythons. An I have seen the crazy plethora of colors and variations that they come in. Or more accurately what came about from selective breeding. Its not unlike pitbulls. I have a papered blue fawn blue nose pitbull who is gorgeous. Blue nose pits are like different ball python morphs they were selectively bred for aesthetic purposes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sokonmatsumura For This Useful Post:

LOSTCOAST_BALLZ (01-10-2011)

Thanks
    How do they come out with all these Morphs? I mean people would have had to breed them for a long time selecting desirable traits to get ones of so many different colors and patterns.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sokonmatsumura View Post
    So is the lighter one just a lighter morph? Does Normal Morph mean that they have certain pattern of markings? They are just a lot different in color. As you can see the smaller is a lot lighter. If I was ever to breed them together if they are opposite sex would they come out with anything interesting you think? Or just more normals of the same two colors?
    its not a morph. its just a normal with lighter coloring. normals are not morphs. normals come in all sorts or shapes and sizes of patterns. if you breed them, you might come out with something cool (but it would still be a normal), you might not. most likely just some good looking normals. however, breeding normals, though it can be fun, is not as profitable. before you think of breeding you need to do a lot of preparing. you cant just throw them together and hope for the best. there is a lot of care that goes into it. make sure you have the supplies you need and do your research!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nicolexdisaster View Post
    i also see that your two ball pythons are in the same tank. it is better to house them seperatly. take a look around the site, especially the care sheets. you might also want to bump up your humidity. the bigger one looks like it had a bad shed.
    just some suggestions!!!

x nicole
    How can you tell it had a bad shed? What is a good way to bump up humidity? I am very new to this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast