Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,809

3 members and 2,806 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Nintendo 3DS!

Thanks

Nintendo 3DS!

I'm not sure how many here are into portable gaming, but I sure am! Nintendo is going to release their latest iteration of the DS brand with the 3DS. This is a glasses-free 3D gaming system with graphical power similar to the Wii in handheld form. It includes an analog pad and 3 cameras. One camera is facing you, and 2 can be used for taking 3D pictures! Gyroscopes are also included for motion to have an affect on gameplay. Augmented Reality games seem pretty neat, and there is already an incredible amount of games announced for the system.

In Japan right now Nintendo is having an event introducing the 3DS to the public. Tonight @ 8:45 Pacific you can see Capcom's introduction of Super Street Fighter 4 and Resident Evil live at this link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nintendo-world-2011

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MarkieJ For This Useful Post:

Adam Chandler (01-08-2011)

Ball Python Aficionado Adam Chandler's Avatar
    Thanks
    So awesome! Being in the Navy and stuck out to sea for months at a time a good portable gaming system goes a long way.

They are re-releasing Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the 3DS, can't wait!
    "We are artists using locus and alleles as our paint; the ball python as our canvas" - Colin Weaver

Check out my Photoblog!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts
    It's gonna be a cool system for sure. I've read the battery life will be much less than previous models, so that might be a concern for some. While I'm not really into portable gaming, both of my girls are big DS users. I'm sure that Nintendo will find a way to yank more loot from my wallet
    --Walt

Thanks

Re: Nintendo 3DS!

Anyone else pick one up today? The 3D is quite impressive! I thought it was going to be a gimmick, but it works very well. Taking pictures and viewing them in 3D is pretty amazing. I picked up Street Fighter, Pilotwings, and Steel Diver. I'm loving Pilotwings the most... Only downside is that I can't play for more than an hour or so or I get eye strain. I can't wait to view 3D movies such as Avatar on this amazing little device!