Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,773

2 members and 2,771 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

BP and Nebulization

this is gonna be kinda long.

ok, so in august i bought a BP off a guy a know who owns a store in El Paso. the previous owner moved out west, his wife left him, so he got rid off all his animals to save money. the previous owner just dropped them off at the guys store. the only problem is that a couple were sick. i bought a nice 07 female with a mild RI. i couldnt get in to see a vet right away and i was stuck driving a sick snake with 2 healthy snakes to MA. once we arrived and we got everything setup it was around early november. i eventually found a vet and went in for an exam. tried multiple medications. Baytril, Amikacin, Azithromycin, and baytril again and my snake didnt get any better. she was getting pretty bad. then i watched the Snakebytes video "my snake is down with the sickness." i bought a Repti-Fogger, put in some baytril and let my snake sit in a tub for almost an hour. after a few days of nebulizing i have seen a huge improvement. she went from the verge of death to a mild RI. i just hope she clears up and becomes healthy again. i have already spent right around $1,000 on vet bills trying to make her better. i hope she pulls thru, nebulization in reptiles works very well.
    A room full of empty racks and thermostats that have been unplugged.

*Chris*

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts
    It does work to an extent. But dont expect full recovery just from the Nebulizer.

Should be giving breaks between series of medication as too much will cause problems with the kidneys and or be come immune to it.

Look into fortaz

Thanks
    i havent been giving meds constant, all these meds are over a period of time. i just got a whole lot of fortaz so ill be starting that once the other meds have died down a bit. i know i wont get a full recovery just from neulization but it sure has helped break things up and make her breathing easier. she also has some fluid down in her lungs so i figure it would be good to get some meds right at the bacteria
    A room full of empty racks and thermostats that have been unplugged.

*Chris*