Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,927

1 members and 2,926 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Smile crazy lil 7 month old ball python

Hello All,
    As i just recentily added a 7 month old ball python to my addiction ! i noticed he/she (not sure if male or female) has come to be comfortable in her her surrounding (viv) since i brought her/him homee !
    The past few nights i been hearing a lot of racket like little bangs or thuds coming from her tank so last night i decided to turn the light on in my room around 2am this morning and watched her/him .. He/she would climb up the side of it's tank and dangle itself backwards going back arcoss the viv in the air that way until he/she would fall on her back ... and he/she would keep doing it through-out the night ..
    Now i have a log type thing in the viv for her to climb on , and im just wondering if she/he falls a certain way backwards from the top of her/his tank again can she/he get any damage where he/she's only 7 months old ??

Thanks,
    Amanda,xo*
    Last edited by bambam1313; 01-07-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Thanks
    balls are pretty clumsy and don't really need climbs, they are heavy bodied terrestrial snakes. That isnt saying that they wont climb if offered the chance just that they arent the best at it You could take it out and though not as pretty to look at it wont hurt the husbandry and will keep the little one from hurting herself in an acrobatic accident.

Thanks
    My one BP, affectionately named idiot, does the same thing among many other rather stupid things He also tries to climb on a branch and then get his prey to go under him and strike it from the branch. Odd game for a BP to play but he does. I have since moved him to a tub where he seems to have calmed down a bit until I get him out and then he starts exploring everything regardless of danger