Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,213

2 members and 3,211 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Normal Pickup...and a bonus.

So while staying with family in VA I decided to browse the craigslist for some ball pythons. While there were several awesome morphs (orange ghost and desert ghost), I definitely could not afford them! Instead I picked up this normal female for 20 dollars. I thought she was cute, though nothing particularly special in the way of normals.

Her name is Domino, after the spots on her saddles.

This female is supposedly 4 years old, but they have just been feeding her mice. She is unfortunately very small for her apparent age. She has an interesting white belly toward the base of her tail, but I am guessing she is normal through in through, which is okay with me.

Now the BONUS would be the real reason why I went to visit this lady; to pick up a Columbian rainbow boa for my bf. So yeah, I know it's not a python, but here's a pic...

I will take better pics of all of my snakes one of these days, but I'm too nervous to take them out in this cold weather for a nice photoshoot.
    Gregory House: "No, there is not a thin line between love and hate. There is, in fact, a Great
    Wall of China with armed sentries posted every twenty feet between love and hate."

2.4 Ball pythons: 1.0 pastel, 0.3 normals, 0.1 cinny. 1.0 VPI axanthic
    5.3.6 crested geckos, 1.1.2 gargoyle geckos, 1.0 chahoua gecko, 1.0 uromastyx

Thanks
    Nice pick-ups.
    - Dave Harms - www.wax32.com | Pinstripe, Yellow Belly, Sulfur, Cinnamon ph G-Stripe, Pastel het Hypo | Pastel, Fire, Albino, Mojave, Lesser Platinum ph G-Stripe, Pastel ph G-Stripe, het G-Stripe, het Hypo, het Piebald, Pastel Yellowbelly

Registered User LOSTCOAST_BALLZ's Avatar
    Thanks
    nice, lets see more of that boa!

Thanks
    I will be sure to take more boa pics when she settles down. Unfortunately she has some retained eyecaps, and me giving her a soak really "hissed" her off, haha. She struck at me once with her mouth closed. Other than that she's fairly docile for someone's ignored rainbow boa, haha.
    Gregory House: "No, there is not a thin line between love and hate. There is, in fact, a Great
    Wall of China with armed sentries posted every twenty feet between love and hate."

Thanks
    I'm more impressed with that $20 Normal.. Those HET Pied looking markers (if you believe in such things) running down the belly near the tail would definately have me putting her in line for my Pied Male just to dink with..

Thanks
    I'm not sure whether the pied markers are bunk or not, but I might as well try it out since my friend has a pied male. Unfortunately she needs to grow a LOT more first!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sweet pick up, especially for $20 if she really is a she!

There's no reason you can't dink with her, just don't get your hopes up too high. Markers guarantee nothing. Some normals have the pied marker, some het pieds don't have the marker.