Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,361

3 members and 3,358 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Brock Lesnar is looking for a way out of the UFC

by Dave Meltzer mixedmartialarts.com
    According to Dave Meltzer of Yahoo! Sports/Wrestling Observer, Brock is currently looking for an "exit strategy" from the UFC.

Meltzer said on his radio show that the fight with Velasquez has changed Brock's attitude on fighting and he is at the stage in his life where he doesn't want to get injured. He's very well off financially and the business man in him apparently knows that it may be time to move on.

Meltzer also mentioned that Brock hasn't trained a single day since the Velasquez fight nor he has returned any phone calls to Dana or Zuffa about upcoming matches.

Dave pointed out if Brock was motivated, he would be right back in the gym training and bringing in new coaches with the goal of beating Cain yet he isn't doing that. He's hunting and hasn't even thought about his next fight. Lesnar apparently wants to do WrestleMania "badly" and will earn an estimated 2 million dollars for 30 minutes of work.

Everything is pointing towards Brock having one more fight and ending his contract. His head doesn't seem to be in the fighting game and it looks like it was just yet another successful business move.
    Sounds like Velasquez might have broke his spirit a little bit too...
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

Re: Brock Lesnar is looking for a way out of the UFC

Quote Originally Posted by Boanerges View Post
    Sounds like Velasquez might have broke his spirit a little bit too...
    I love it!! His cocky attitude always drove me nuts but he was fairly humble in his defeat. Almost enough to make me want to cheer for him,Almost...

Thanks
    The UFC is all about who the fans want to win. After the last Tito-Forrest fight, it was proven. Tito dominated the first and second rounds before getting his butt whooped in the third. But, some judge gave Forrest the fight 30-27. I'm involved with a local fighting company and hate to know our fighters dream of one day fighting in the UFC. I no longer waste my money on PPV. I guess WWE is getting a Superstar back! I guess I'm still bitter on how two heavy weights can both pop and one gets banned for life and one gets a year!
    Last edited by shorty54; 12-28-2010 at 04:59 AM.
    Shorty
    Voo Doo Reptile

www.iherp.com/shorty54