Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,211

1 members and 3,210 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: Yes! Finnaly

Thanks

Yes! Finnaly

The Guy illegally smuggling endangered wildlife here in my neck of the woods was caught busted with a nile crocodile and a gila monster sigh....For now he's hit a bump in the road but time will only tell if he's learned his lesson

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Yes! Finnaly

**sigh**

I suppose it's too much to hope for that he had strapped them to his inner thigh head up then irritated them?

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JEWSKIN View Post
    The Guy illegally smuggling endangered wildlife here in my neck of the woods was caught busted with a nile crocodile and a gila monster sigh....For now he's hit a bump in the road but time will only tell if he's learned his lesson
    Gee just what we need right now .
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons View Post
    Gee just what we need right now .
    Hence he got busted...an irresponsible owner busted finally after doing this crap for years.....at least four years ago I think he contacted me bragging and fish and game did nothing til now woot! Two kids are safe and if nothing else he's hit a financial bump

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Hence he got busted...an irresponsible owner busted finally after doing this crap for years.....at least four years ago I think he contacted me bragging and fish and game did nothing til now woot! Two kids are safe and if nothing else he's hit a financial bump
    Its great he was shut down but it makes us all look bad right now.Its idiots like him that hurt us the most
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons View Post
    Its great he was shut down but it makes us all look bad right now.Its idiots like him that hurt us the most
    We "busted" Clyde today. All he had currently was a gila and a croc. We took both (they will go to the PHX Herp Society) and he got a citation for it. He seemed really understanding about why he was getting a citation and his animals taken away. Hopefully this will stop his behavior.

That was the email. The fact that a responsible person in the herp field stepped up and bugged the hell out of Fish and Game until they put a stop to the blasphemy....Speaks loads more if you ask me for years I personally have had to hear this guy brag and rant about the horny toads, gilas, nile croc and such....He has a huge bump in the road for now a chance for mother nature to repair damage he's done to the balance...maybe and even better that a Fish and Game agent went out of their way before getting transferred to right a wrong the Federal FS was letting continue. Was the guy irresponsible yes...do I think the punishment was equal to the crime hell no I say give him time....am I happy that he's got stopped for now yes and the person punished was the actual offender not the ENTIRE Herp community.....I see way more positives personally

Thanks

We "busted" Clyde today. All he had currently was a gila and a croc. We took both (they will go to the PHX Herp Society) and he got a citation for it. He seemed really understanding about why he was getting a citation and his animals taken away. Hopefully this will stop his behavior.
    I volunteer at PHS, I was planning on going in tomorrow but I came down with a cold so I don't know for sure if I'll go or not. Such a shame people try to smuggle reptiles.
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

what I find just slightly insane is the fact that they essentially gave him a traffic ticket....they didn't "throw the book" at him as you would say. He informed me the guy who he'd known for a year had busted him, a supposed friend turned out to be an undercover Fish and Game agent. I must say though that they did also give him information on how to obtain these animals legally....maybe there are some turning more toward our side?!