Today was weigh-in day....and the scale greeted me with a smile. Three and a half pounds flushed away.

I may not write much for the next couple of weeks. The Christmas holidays are kicking into full swing...still a fair amount of shopping left to do, and packages to mail. Fortunately, MOST of the shopping is done...but the few things left are the hardest folks to shop for. And I do have to get some stuff wrapped and boxed and into the mail asap. And we've got family coming to visit over Christmas week...so all the cleaning and preparing for that, too.

I was concerned about my sister-in-law coming out simply because she cooks such wonderful Chinese food, and I can eat a TON of it. But they're not coming. That makes me sad, 'cause I love 'em all to death. But at least that's one less obstacle tossed in the road.

So anyhow...I won't abandon this writing project entirely, and I'm certainly not giving in on my new lifestyle. But notes over the next couple weeks will likely be short and infrequent. I DO intend to sail through the holidays with even more weight left behind.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
- Proverbs 3:5,6

Merry Christmas!
-- Judy