Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,222

1 members and 3,221 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Opinions on a trade!!

I thought I'd get some opinions about a trade I was offered. I know it's all up to me and should be what I personally want, but thought I'd see what you guys thought.

The trade is my female lemonblast (146 grams) for 2 female albinos (both 145 grams) plus he will give me $100. I'm torn because I like both albinos and lemonblast. For breeding I was leaning towards the lemonblast cuz I will be getting a male bumblebee or possibly a male cinpin to put with her in the future. Not really sure what I'd do with the albinos.

Just looking to see what you all would do if you were in the situation.

Thanks!!
    1.0 Banana (13)
    0.2 Genetic Stripe (11)
    0.1 Pinstripe (10)
    0.1 Pastel (08)
    0.1 Cinnamon Het Genetic Stripe (12)
    0.1 Super Vanilla (12)
    0.1 Fire Spider (12)
    0.2 Kingpin (13)
    1.0 Super Fire (12)
    1.0 Pastel Clown (13)
    1.1 Dinker (11)
    0.1 Leopard (13)
    0.2 Lesser (11 and 12)
    0.1 Mojave (12)
    0.1 Special Pastel (13)
    0.1 Lesser Pastel (13)
    0.1 Stingerbee (13)
    0.1 Mojave Spider (13)
    0.1 Cinnamon (12)
    0.2 Vanillas (12)
    0.1 Poss Het Clowns (12)
    0.1 Het Caramel Albino (11)
    0.3 Normal
    0.2 Boa (11)

Thanks
    Umm 2 recessives for a double co dom?? No Thanks.

I had an Albino, sold him because it was the wrong direction. Albinos go down in price very quickly, especially for being a recessive morph. Even if you put your Lemonblast with something simple like a Lesser or Enchi, you can make even better snakes.

I would not trade.
    6.5.15 Animals
    1.2 Pomeranian's
    0.1.15 Tropical Fish
    2.2 Snakes:
    0.1 2009 100% Het Piebald
    0.1 Normal
    1.0 Green Tree Python
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steveboos For This Useful Post:

kai414 (12-13-2010)

BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts
    It's a good trade. Recessives hold their value far better than co-doms, and the animals are all female. The female albinos will be worth a lot more when grown than the lemonblast will. Albinos work well with pins, spiders, woma, and cinnamon, just to name a few. You could also pair them with g-stripes to make something cool, or with axanthics to makes snows (of course).

The idea that albinos are losing value quickly isn't true at all--albinos are one of the oldest morphs out there! They're still going for over 300 apiece, in spite of that. Virtually everyone has them--and yet they're easy to sell. I certainly never regretted getting my albino project, it's paid off.

But really, it depends on why you're breeding. If you're doing it for fun, or to make things you simply like, then you probably shouldn't trade away a lemonblast you have plans for, and get albinos you aren't sure what to do with. If you're trying to maximize profit, I think the albinos are a good choice in the long view.
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WingedWolfPsion For This Useful Post:

ace_singapore (12-13-2010),Emilio (12-13-2010),kai414 (12-13-2010)

Thanks

Re: Opinions on a trade!!

Quote Originally Posted by WingedWolfPsion View Post
    It's a good trade. Recessives hold their value far better than co-doms, and the animals are all female. The female albinos will be worth a lot more when grown than the lemonblast will. Albinos work well with pins, spiders, woma, and cinnamon, just to name a few. You could also pair them with g-stripes to make something cool, or with axanthics to makes snows (of course).

The idea that albinos are losing value quickly isn't true at all--albinos are one of the oldest morphs out there! They're still going for over 300 apiece, in spite of that. Virtually everyone has them--and yet they're easy to sell. I certainly never regretted getting my albino project, it's paid off.

But really, it depends on why you're breeding. If you're doing it for fun, or to make things you simply like, then you probably shouldn't trade away a lemonblast you have plans for, and get albinos you aren't sure what to do with. If you're trying to maximize profit, I think the albinos are a good choice in the long view.

X2 this is right on target. That 300 apiece is for males, females usually sell for 400-500 each.
    Lotsa Balls and more

http://www.tessadasexotics.com/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TessadasExotics For This Useful Post:

Emilio (12-13-2010)

They call me Emilius LOL Emilio's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,004 Posts

Albinos are a great investment morph can't go wrong with them. That said for me its simple are you looking to sell babies or are you looking to produce amazing animals for yourself now?

If your trying to produce some amazing 3 and 4 gene animals you keep the lemonblast.
    Absolutely obsessed with ball pythons!

http://www.facebook.com/VillarinoReptiles?ref=hl

Villarino reptiles Morph market

Contacts

Villarinoreptiles@gmail.com
    Or tex 7868774281

Thanks
    If you don't have plans for albinos, I would say don't trade. Because 6 months, a year down the road, you are going to look at these albinos, and say, "What the heck am I going to do with you girls?" and feel bad because you couldn't continue your lemonblast project.

If you are willing to adjust your plans to fit them, then its a good idea.

More snakes does not = better. (Its taken me awhile to learn that hahaha - darn things!)
    1.3 Normal BPs 1.0 het pied 0.1 pos. het ghost 1.0 Pastel 09 "Pretty Boi" 1.0 08 Cinny "Mr. Jerk", 1.0 07 Ghost 0.1 '10 Lesser "Jane"
    2.1 Cali Kings 0.0.1 Goini Kingsnake "Banana Slurpie" 1.0 Mexican Black King "Blackie"
    0.1 Rainbow Boa 1.1 Kenyan sand boas "Sid and Nancy" 0.1 08 Anery RTB het Sharp Albino "Monroe" 1.0 Bolivian Silverback Boa "Gorilla!" 0.1 Dwarf Boa
    0.0.1 Albino Burm
    1.0 Hognose "Pug"
    0.1 Carpet Pythons "Chompy McEatsALot"
    0.1 Blood Pythons
    1.0 African House Snakes
    1.0 Rusty Brindled Rat "Cletus"
    1.0 Schneider Skink dubbed "Titus"
    0.1 pitbull "Luna" 1.0 Husbands 0.1 human child

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Going by your list, you'll need some males before you'll ever end up with your own baby snakes.

WingedWolf makes some good points, I believe, about the value of the albinos. However, if you're just asking what we'd do as individuals....were I in your shoes, I would not make the trade. If I really wanted an albino, I'd save my money and get a male albino.
    -- Judy

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

geekypythongirl (12-13-2010)

Banned
    Thanks
    It is really what your looking at shooting for. With recessives you looking at a 2 year turn around minimum (plus the 2 or more years for the female to come of age) before producing a double gene animals. (making the het and then the het "insert morph here" back tot he mommy albinos)
    NOW once this is accomplished the value of animals is MUCH more. Example:
    BumbleBee or Pastel Lesser vs Spider Albino or Pastel Albino

If your looking for the easy route and make a whole bunch of co-doms quick to get more multigene animals. Your should be keeping your lemon blast. If your looking to start some albino projects. Having 2 females albinos will def help in starting those projects.

Another thing is if you grab and albino male then the the 2 clutches will be 100% albino. And with that male if he goes to your codom females one year and you can get some het of nice 2 gene co-dom males and breed them back to the albino female your looking at (best odds) a 2 gene co-dom WITH the recessive albino.

With your list of animals the albinos don't fit in directly but seeing you seem to like het and recessive (ghost, platty daddy and lav albino) if might be something fun to look into.

Money wise it's a good trade, but it's more of your future plans and if you want to put the time into it.
    Last edited by MitsuMike; 12-13-2010 at 10:01 AM.

Thanks
    I would say its a fair trade but if you love your lemon blast then I would keep it! After all, you got to care and look at the animal for years!

Thanks

If I were you with those animals in the list, this is what I will do: I will keep the albinos and raise them well, and I will get two or three co-dom or even double gene males within the next two years, then will be rocking. This way I will already be making my two-gene offsprings, and the albinos will be grown-ups for some cool actions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast