Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,076

1 members and 3,075 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Day 102 -- Christmas Lights

The kids and I finally got our Christmas tree decorated tonight. And in this house, the tree gets to be in the office, of all places. It's a room at the front of the house with a big picture window...and lots of open space right at that window. The living room is too small and already crowded. So, I get to enjoy the twinkling lights and sparkling ornaments right from my desk for the next few weeks. Ours is not a fancy tree. It's a very eclectic mix of homemade ornaments, and stuff from my own childhood that my Mom gave me...and tons of little things that Dean and I have collected over the years. The topper is a beautiful angel doll that my mother-in-law made for us and gifted us with shortly after we were married...so she's pretty old, but just as beautiful as ever. I love our tree for all its homespun look.

There's just something very special about Christmas lights for me. I love all the beautifully decorated houses. I love the lights on my tree. They fill me with vague but very warm memories and an ever-present sense of hope. I hope my own children will someday feel those same warm memories and hope at the sight of wintery colorful twinkling lights.

I worked out today...did some weights and resistance and climbed stairs until I dropped. I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get as far "up" the stairs as I wanted...only eleven stories, so to speak. But that gives me a good solid goal for tomorrow...to beat eleven...to do at least one flight more each day. I can do that!

It's late now and I'm awfully tired, so I'm going to call it a night.

For You are my hope, O Lord God; You are my trust from my youth.
    - Psalm 71:5

-- Judy

-- Judy

Thanks

Re: Day 102 -- Christmas Lights

We have our lights up also. We load the car up and go driving around to look at others. About the only thing I miss is the snow with the lights, it always adds some pop.
    I want one I need one got to rob that bank one day

1.1 albino ball, 0.3 het caramel, 1.1 spider, 0.1 mojo, 1.0 lesser, 2.2 pastel
    1.0 yb, 1.0 fire, 1.0 bell orange ghost, 0.1 pin, 1.0 josey, 1.2 leopard ball
    0.8 normal balls, 1.1 BRB, 1.3 Hondo, 1.1 hypo brooks, 1.1 brooks (hets ?)
    0.1 mex black king, 3.5 western hogs/albino/yellow/hets.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to smd58 For This Useful Post:

JLC (12-11-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Never in my life have I seen snow with Christmas. I started out this year with some hope, knowing we'd be spending Christmas in Colorado...but it's been so incredibly dry and warmer than usual so far, it's looking extremely unlikely. But...maybe Santa will surprise us.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    Never in my life have I seen snow with Christmas. I started out this year with some hope, knowing we'd be spending Christmas in Colorado...but it's been so incredibly dry and warmer than usual so far, it's looking extremely unlikely. But...maybe Santa will surprise us.
    I lived there in the springs for most of my first 18 years of life, and can think of only a few times we had snow on x-mas. But there was almost always snow on the peek.
    I want one I need one got to rob that bank one day

1.1 albino ball, 0.3 het caramel, 1.1 spider, 0.1 mojo, 1.0 lesser, 2.2 pastel
    1.0 yb, 1.0 fire, 1.0 bell orange ghost, 0.1 pin, 1.0 josey, 1.2 leopard ball
    0.8 normal balls, 1.1 BRB, 1.3 Hondo, 1.1 hypo brooks, 1.1 brooks (hets ?)
    0.1 mex black king, 3.5 western hogs/albino/yellow/hets.