Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,999

4 members and 2,995 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Day 100 -- Milestone

Wow...100 days since I started my little blog journey! The true weight loss journey didn't begin for another few weeks after that, so I haven't been on the healthy-eating regimen for 100 days yet. Only 63 days on that part of it so far. But the goal and the sharing started 100 days ago.

Unfortunately, I had another zero-week this week. Not sure what's up...but last night a couple hours before bed, I started feeling sick...stomach hurt and head hurt. And I've still been battling a head ache most of the day today. So maybe it's the body retaining fluids to fight off an illness? I really am just BS'ing myself, as I have no idea....but it sounds good.

The most frustrating thing about the lack of progress is just the feeling of time lost. It's like, "Dang it! Now I have to wait a whole 'nother week to try again!" Which isn't really true...because every single day is a step in the right direction toward my goals. But I do have to wait a week to check my measurable progress again. And I hate losing a week of weight loss. I'm gonna work extra hard this week and see if I can't make up for some lost time. AND break through what may be a very hard plateau if I'm not seriously determined.

Over the last couple of years, I'd lost about 25 pounds...and then hit a very hard plateau that I could not get past. Then we had this crazy-psycho move to Colorado over the summer...and I gained back ALL that weight I'd lost. So now...over the last nine weeks, I've lost it all again...and am once more at that block that I was fighting against last spring. I've GOT to break through that this week. I WILL. I will up the vegetable consumption and decrease the wheat. And I will hit the stairs or the roads (depending on weather). I'm making that commitment here in public in front of all you guys. I will break that invisible barrier and I will make up for some lost time!!!

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
    - Pilippians 4:6,7

I'll be sure to check in more often this coming week, and let you guys know how it's going.

Much love!
    -- Judy

-- Judy

Thanks

Re: Day 100 -- Milestone

My first 90 days I lost a lot of weight fast, now at around the 100 day mark its slow going for me. Ive uped gym time, and eating less also. Those walls s%$k, But hang in there they can be broken. Sometimes all it takes is a few words of motavation. I got some yesterday from a friend that dosent see me much. Wow you lost some weight. I stayed in the gym for over two hours. So keep at it dont give up, zero gain is better then a gain.
    I want one I need one got to rob that bank one day

1.1 albino ball, 0.3 het caramel, 1.1 spider, 0.1 mojo, 1.0 lesser, 2.2 pastel
    1.0 yb, 1.0 fire, 1.0 bell orange ghost, 0.1 pin, 1.0 josey, 1.2 leopard ball
    0.8 normal balls, 1.1 BRB, 1.3 Hondo, 1.1 hypo brooks, 1.1 brooks (hets ?)
    0.1 mex black king, 3.5 western hogs/albino/yellow/hets.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to smd58 For This Useful Post:

JLC (12-09-2010)

Banned
    Thanks

BG doesn't know exactly what you guys are doing, but eating less is the wrong thing to do. Your body will just go into "starvation mode" and make it very hard for you to lose weight unless you do starve yourself.

Doing some resistance training(weights) is a great thing to do. Women say "I don't wanna get big".....well you won't. It will help speed up your metabolism to help you lose weight.

Another mistake people on a diet make is they always judge progress by what the scale says. WWRRROOONNNGGGG. The best way to judge your progress is with a mirror and how your clothes fit. If you're exercising and dieting sometimes you'll gain muscle, but lose size. This can mean you actually weigh more, yet your clothes are loose.

Trust BG, unless you're some kind of freak of nature ladies...lifting weights will not make you look like Big Gunns. BG once dated a girl that looked like she weighed 100 pounds, yet she was really 130. She was solid as a rock from rollerblading(didn't look muscular). BG couldn't believe that she actually weighed that much.....she looked so small.

Trust BG ....the more you cut back on your food....the harder you are gonna make things in the long run.

Now BG needs to go to the gym and hit the legs.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Gunns For This Useful Post:

JLC (12-09-2010),smd58 (12-10-2010)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It's not eating "less"....it's eating a lot MORE vegetables. And if I'm eating that much veggies, then I don't have room for so much bread. (even the whole wheat variety)

Very true about the exercise stuff. I'm not afraid of "getting big"....I just have to fight off the lazy-momentum and get 'er done. And that's what this week is all about...getting it done. And once I get that routine established, it'll be a lot easier to stick with it.

You'll see! It'll be fun to make my reports this week and bore you with all my good stuff.
    -- Judy

Thanks

The best way to get through a plateau is to change up the routine, if you are doing more cardio try a different type (if your jogging consistently, do a stair climber etc) also BG is right resistance training will speed up your metabolism. The more muscle mass you have the more calories you burn.
    The reason the body plateaus is because you are doing the same thing and the body gets used to it which is why most people plateau around the 3 month mark, that’s how long the body takes to get used to the increased activity level and new diet.

Adding more veggies is a good idea because it provides bulk and helps you feel full, however don’t forget that you body still requires protein for muscle repair and fat to keep your body lubricated a great way to take this in is by eating fish that is high in omega fatty acids such as wild caught salmon. If you don’t like fish take an omega fatty acid supplement. While you are losing weight make sure to take a multi vitamin as well.

Try these things and I guarantee you will break your plateau.

Good luck and god bless Judy

Ed
    Currently have
    2.3 pastel's
    0.1 spider
    0.1 normal
    1.1 100% het albino's
    1.0 Albino ( he will live at work but i get to take care of him)
    1.0 Cinnamon
    1.0 Fire

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ed4281 For This Useful Post:

JLC (12-09-2010)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks, Ed! I do like fish!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Judy! I am SOOOOO proud of you! You are who I wanna be when I do start to get my butt off this couch!

I agree about the protein. When I went to a trainer, he recommended the more green veggies, lesser meat and breads/potatos stuff. But everytime we finish sweating it out at the gym, he recommends I drink a protein shake. It was yummy too - chocolate flavor! I add half a banana, ice, and the protein powder stuff that they sell at the gym. Ok, yeah, they were making money off the protein powder mix. But, my husband says the protein recommendation is a good one even if I wanna save some money and get a generic one from GNC. I tried the one that my husband uses and it tasted so disgusting... so, I paid the extra money for the yummy chocolatey one.

Also, I know this is going to sound fruit loopy, but my husband goes on one-day fasts when he hits a plateau... to shake things up. Ok, so it's a spiritual thing for him too. He would eat breakfast, skip lunch and dinner, and eat again starting on the next day's breakfast. Sometimes he would have plain water, but usually, he won't even have that... so really nothing to eat or drink until the next day. He starts the fast with a prayer and dedicate the fast to something - like for our neighbor whose husband died - then he would give the money he would have spent on lunch and dinner to our neighbor as a charitable donation... He is always careful not to overload on next day's breakfast - it would make his stomach hurt if he does. Before he eats the next day, he "ends" his fast with a prayer and everything is back to normal. I have to say, it works for him everytime.
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to anatess For This Useful Post:

JLC (12-10-2010)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    Judy! I am SOOOOO proud of you! You are who I wanna be when I do start to get my butt off this couch!
    Awwww! Well, come with me! If you really want to, I'll help in any way I can. And it doesn't have to be all public like my little blog here.

I hear y'all about the protein. When I was training for a 100 mile bike ride, it was carbs before the rides, and protein after. Worked very well, and I think it played a part in the fact that I rarely had overly sore muscles the next day, no matter how hard I trained. But...the downside to training THAT hard was that I needed to eat...a lot. LOL All that work and I only lost about four pounds over months of training. But by the end of it, I was in the best physical condition of my life, despite still being significantly overweight. Ahhh...but that's a whole 'nother story for another day.

The fasting is an excellent idea. I do believe a spiritual focus is just as important as the physical. Your husband sounds like a very special person!!
    -- Judy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

anatess (12-10-2010)

Thanks
    Okay, I'm coming with you.

I need to lose 30 lbs. I'm not well enough right now to do more than walking. The holidays is messing up with the diet.

I'm thinking... hmm... what is the first thing I should do?
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    Okay, I'm coming with you.

I need to lose 30 lbs. I'm not well enough right now to do more than walking. The holidays is messing up with the diet.

I'm thinking... hmm... what is the first thing I should do?
    Nothing wrong with walking! Start with that.

For the holidays....not EVERY day is a holiday or party.

First thing to do...sit down and come up with a plan. When will you go for a walk? Where will you walk? Is there a mall you can get to for indoor walking when the weather is bad?

Do you have a good understanding of what a healthy diet is? Set out a specific plan for yourself...whether that is exacting meal plans for each day, or a simple list of "good foods" and you eat your meals with less rigidity, but only choose from that list. Whatever fits your personal style.

Once you get a good plan for every day use...figure out some strategies for dealing with the actual holiday meals and any parties you'll be attending.

How exciting will it be to make it THROUGH the "Holidays" and be able to tell people that you LOST weight?!? I KNOW you can do it!!
    -- Judy