Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,128

2 members and 3,126 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    I thought someone said it didn't have desert in it.
    Enchi Clown
    Over 60...

Thanks
    He tells you himself in clutch 84...

Look at mom shes a desert

Ever seen a desert clown now add super desert. And yes there still could be a super desert its not proven dom or co dom yet. Just because a super hasnt been proven yet...doesnt mean it cant make a super.

Pesonally i think a super desert would be an all orange/gold snake but since mom is a desert, it must be included in the genes.

Enchi clown would have purple in it, he already made a lesser/pos enchi clown, looks nothing like the flatline. Enchi is not in mom or dads genes.

Like Ralph says its all in his birthing records.

Thanks

Re: so has ralph spilled the beans yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TheReptileEnthusiast View Post
    The whole "everyone will start making them" argument is ridiculous. You can't just start making animals that have a recessive trait combined with multiple other traits. It takes YEARS. One year just to make the morph het clowns, assuming you already have a BREEDING size male clown and BREEDER females of all the other morphs involved. Then you would still have to raise up the morph het clowns to breeding size. Why do you think we haven't seen the market flooded with panda pieds? Plenty of people are working on it, but it takes TIME. Brock blew everyone away with his lesser clowns a year ago, and the market hasn't exactly been flooded with lesser clowns yet, and it is just one codom with one recessive. We will probably see some in the 2011 season, but it is safe to say that "everyone" hasn't got that far yet.

That being said, I can't blame Ralph for not releasing the recipe before he has even sold the animal or any sibs that would be helpful in producing another flatline, especially right before breeding season. Why not give yourself an extra season lead on the competition.
    His competition is not you, or me, or 99% of the people on this forum.
    His competition include the top breeders in this country who HAVE those breeding morphs available but have not found the combo yet.

Once a morph is created and released, one of the top breeders in the country may be able to produce it over the next two seasons or so. If the genetics are not released, those same breeders may not produce it for years and years simply by guesswork and chance, or until the details are released. It is still a significant amount of extra time to produce a market for that particular animal.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blackcrystal22 For This Useful Post:

hoax (01-12-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmateo View Post

Ever seen a desert clown now add super desert. And yes there still could be a super desert its not proven dom or co dom yet. Just because a super hasnt been proven yet...doesnt mean it cant make a super.

Pesonally i think a super desert would be an all orange/gold snake but since mom is a desert, it must be included in the genes.

Enchi clown would have purple in it, he already made a lesser/pos enchi clown, looks nothing like the flatline. Enchi is not in mom or dads genes.

Like Ralph says its all in his birthing records.
    Clutch 84 says once he produces a clown form it will be off the chart sexy. Clutch 164 could have been an Enchi clown. Which I don't think anyone has made.
    Over 60...

Thanks
    How many clutches are classified...

Ralph also admits not every clutch is posted in the records.

Clutch 84 could of produced all yellow snakes or could have produced them from mom in the past 3 yrs she was bred. Clown could of already been introduced. Ralph multi breeds males to females all the time and admits in several clutchs dad may not be dad. One thing Ralph does have is breeding adults already het for genes most of us can barely get our hands on now. Most breeders he has are 3-6 yrs ahead of us.

Wether he tells or not it will take at least 6 yrs to reproduce.

Thanks

If you were going to put a price tag on it today what would you think? I think this blows out the infamous "Soul Sucker" and I know what that goes for so my guess would be $35,000 for this

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mmateo View Post

Umm.. I don't see desert there, personally, but she may have something going on.

He's had something hidden going on with one or both of the parents' lines for 6 years, and deserts are a little more recent than that.

I was assuming some recessive trait that finally popped up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mumps View Post
    I'm with mykee on this one.

"Secret", "Classified" clutches and not relaying what makes up a snake genetically is just marketing.

I know if I produced the flatline, and was the first to do it, I'd have pics and ingredients all over the net. This hobby has advanced to the great state it is through the sharing of information, not hiding it.

Chris
    It is a great marketing strategy! This business was successful at making big bucks but now that ever Tom, Richard (it censored his nick name), and Harry are making great looking combo morphs the market took a giant dump, then throw in on top of it what the gov is doing to our hobby and that finished it off. There are still some great money making combos out there but they are soon cut down (price) due to everyone knowing what makes the next big thing and flooding the market within a few years.

We will use a Mystic for example when I first looked at getting one I was told by a friend who had them (before people even knew about them in mass) and inquired with that person now just a few short years later they are common and valued at about half as much.

If these guys like NERD, BHB, and Ralph are making killer morphs from their hard work and ability to make a specific morph then I would say they are STUPID if they just go directly to BP.net and post pictures of their new creation before it gets its first shed and what the ingredients are.

Just my humble opinion,
    Mike
    Last edited by hoax; 01-12-2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Dirty minded auto-censor!
    Pastel 0.1
    Mojo 1.0
    100% Het albino 1.1
    50% Het Albino 0.1
    -
    Do you like Texas BBQ? Do you want to know where I will be so you can get some?>>>>>My Catering Company Facebook Page<<<<<
    reptilebasics.com Rich is awesome - texas4x4.org -pirate4x4.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoax View Post
    This business was successful at making big bucks because every Tom, :cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r:, and Harry can reproduce great looking combo morphs
    Fixed

If it wasn't the case that these morphs were reproducible, the market would have never become what it is today.

So-called "basement breeders" are the cause of both the rise and fall of BP morph prices. The big bucks would have never happened, and will not continue to happen, without them.
    Last edited by mainbutter; 01-12-2011 at 01:40 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mainbutter For This Useful Post:

hoax (01-12-2011)

Thanks
    Looking through ralphs site.. his desert pastels have that same yellow.. just too much pattern!
    1.0 Bumble Bee
    1.0 Cinny het Albino
    0.1 Albino
    0.3 Pastel
    0.1 BEL (Lesser x Mojave)
    0.1 Pinstripe
    0.2 Normal

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast