Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,290

4 members and 1,286 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: so has ralph spilled the beans yet?

Quote Originally Posted by mumps View Post
    I'm with mykee on this one.

"Secret", "Classified" clutches and not relaying what makes up a snake genetically is just marketing.

I know if I produced the flatline, and was the first to do it, I'd have pics and ingredients all over the net. This hobby has advanced to the great state it is through the sharing of information, not hiding it.

Chris

Um if you were as big as some one like Ralph with a 5k+ a month power bill and all of the expenses that go with taking care of a big facility and tons of snakes, you would keep secrets too. Otherwise that unique animal that took you years to make would be done by more people and bring your profits way down super fast. It is a marketing strategy. He has bills that have to be paid. If no one knows what the genetic ingredients of a special snake are, no one else can make it. Once every one else knows what it is and they start making them all over the place, he loses money.

If you didn't keep those type of secrets for as long as you could it would be pretty silly. Might as well just hand money out to people or just give away your snakes for free.
    Lotsa Balls and more

http://www.tessadasexotics.com/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TessadasExotics For This Useful Post:

hoax (01-12-2011),I<3Dreamsicles (12-15-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TessadasExotics View Post
    Um if you were as big as some one like Ralph with a 5k+ a month power bill and all of the expenses that go with taking care of a big facility and tons of snakes, you would keep secrets too. Otherwise that unique animal that took you years to make would be done by more people and bring your profits way down super fast. It is a marketing strategy. He has bills that have to be paid. If no one knows what the genetic ingredients of a special snake are, no one else can make it. Once every one else knows what it is and they start making them all over the place, he loses money.

If you didn't keep those type of secrets for as long as you could it would be pretty silly. Might as well just hand money out to people or just give away your snakes for free.
    I agree. It not like snakes are the only buisness in the world that does it.. Think of the car company's. they show you concept pics then magizine pics and you never get to drive it for ages.. The new camaro was showed off in 2001 and then 9 YEARS later available.

It's a buisness, and for these big guys it is THERE buisness not just a hobby like most of us. There bread and milk comes from it! There is nothing wrong with getting some people excited about a amazing snake.

If he posted that video with what it takes to make it right before breading seson, how many of you all would be trying to make it by right now... Then bamm, there goes his project...

Think he would even try to make something great after that happens every time??
    1.0 Bumble Bee
    1.0 Cinny het Albino
    0.1 Albino
    0.3 Pastel
    0.1 BEL (Lesser x Mojave)
    0.1 Pinstripe
    0.2 Normal

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jakethesnake36 View Post
    The desert clown looks pretty close to this one...If you added superpastel or pastel enchi you might be close...I think
    If you are watching this Ralph, let me know if im close ..LOL..
    http://www.snakepreview.com/wordpres...chment_id=1022

The pattern is about the same,...Just needs some colour

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jakethesnake36 For This Useful Post:

M_MULLINS (05-11-2011)

Thanks

Talking Re: so has ralph spilled the beans yet?

desert clown X enchi super pastel .

Mvg Pythonjoop

Thanks

It like this one that i found it in HVH its desert x clown i guess like it says a few post up needs a little bit more of the yellow color.

http://blog.hudsonvalleyherps.com/Po...lown%20026.JPG
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 01-11-2011 at 01:30 PM. Reason: No hotlink please!
    Ball Python Collection

0.1 Mojave
    0.1 Normal
    0.1 Posible Dinker Project
    0.1 Spider
    1.0 Yellowbelly
    1.0 Butter
    ............................................ & more to Come

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    It like this one that i found it in HVH its desert x clown i guess like it says a few post up needs a little bit more of the yellow color.

http://blog.hudsonvalleyherps.com/Po...lown%20026.JPG
    niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!...
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 01-11-2011 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Edited quote with hotlink.
    0.1 Normal (Sookie)
    1.0 Pastel (Syler)
    0.1 BumbleBee (Scully)
    1.0 Butter (Gimme)
    0.1 Mojave (Saffy)
    1.0 Albino (Leopold)
    1.0 Pinstripe (Triston)
    1.0 Basset/Beagle Mix (Bilbo)
    0.1 Basset Hound (Mimi)
    a bunch of red eared sliders
    and the oldest, male pit/mix Corky. 18yrs strong.

Thanks
    So, many have said it's marketing not to release what's in a new snake. I can see that to a point if it's a new gene. But if it's just a combo of things many have (by many Im talking about med size breeders), then you produce it and release what it is and hope to sell the ingredients. Unless it's a new morph, what's the point? Combos are cool but if it's something like a pastel super Enchi clown spider special. You have to have adults with enough of the traits het clown. Not alot of risk in that. And to let everyone know just drives sales. As long as you have them to sell. IMO
    Over 60...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nelson77321 View Post
    the enchi het clown & pastle het clown & lesser het clown x clown female clutch hasa classified result, its probably a enchi clown, i know people will say it cant make the clown that yellow, but untill we see another enchi clown hatch, what can we say? im sticking with my first thought and saying enchi clown. looks male too hahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    I feel pretty good about the clutch I think it came from, and it's not one of the classified ones.
    Ok, so I lied a bit

It's pretty easy to see that the only clutch that makes sense from RDR's page is clutch 164. I 100% on enchi clown with the info that is publicly available. Still, that thing is crazy yellow for just an enchi clown, but as far as I've been able to tell there hasn't been anyone who has produced an enchi clown and put pics up on the web.
    Last edited by mainbutter; 12-15-2010 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LotsaBalls View Post
    So, many have said it's marketing not to release what's in a new snake. I can see that to a point if it's a new gene. But if it's just a combo of things many have (by many Im talking about med size breeders), then you produce it and release what it is and hope to sell the ingredients. Unless it's a new morph, what's the point? Combos are cool but if it's something like a pastel super Enchi clown spider special. You have to have adults with enough of the traits het clown. Not alot of risk in that. And to let everyone know just drives sales. As long as you have them to sell. IMO
    its marketing yes,

its also keeping your "big name" a big name.
    reputation is a profitable thing. the better the rep. the better the sales.
    im telling you now i'd give vital organs to have some of
    the more rediculously gorgeous and exotic morphs.
    and kevin at NERD knows all to well.
    you dont sell your secrets.
    when they are no longer secrets, they're non-profitable.
    if kevin gave out all his recipes and ralph, brian, all the "up there"
    breeders, they wouldn't have the money to produce
    the inpiration in small time hobbyists to come out with their own "next big thing"

just my 2cents,
    0.1 Normal (Sookie)
    1.0 Pastel (Syler)
    0.1 BumbleBee (Scully)
    1.0 Butter (Gimme)
    0.1 Mojave (Saffy)
    1.0 Albino (Leopold)
    1.0 Pinstripe (Triston)
    1.0 Basset/Beagle Mix (Bilbo)
    0.1 Basset Hound (Mimi)
    a bunch of red eared sliders
    and the oldest, male pit/mix Corky. 18yrs strong.

BPnet Veteran TheReptileEnthusiast's Avatar
    Thanks

The whole "everyone will start making them" argument is ridiculous. You can't just start making animals that have a recessive trait combined with multiple other traits. It takes YEARS. One year just to make the morph het clowns, assuming you already have a BREEDING size male clown and BREEDER females of all the other morphs involved. Then you would still have to raise up the morph het clowns to breeding size. Why do you think we haven't seen the market flooded with panda pieds? Plenty of people are working on it, but it takes TIME. Brock blew everyone away with his lesser clowns a year ago, and the market hasn't exactly been flooded with lesser clowns yet, and it is just one codom with one recessive. We will probably see some in the 2011 season, but it is safe to say that "everyone" hasn't got that far yet.

That being said, I can't blame Ralph for not releasing the recipe before he has even sold the animal or any sibs that would be helpful in producing another flatline, especially right before breeding season. Why not give yourself an extra season lead on the competition.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast