Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,960

0 members and 2,960 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Day Ninety -- Holiday Victories

All in all, I'm very pleased with how Thanksgiving week has gone. I'm afraid I may have another zero-week on the scale...but not because I think I've overeaten at all. Just because I don't feel like I've lost anything. But I won't know for sure until Wednesday, and I'm not going to borrow disappointment ahead of time. I'll just keep doing the best I can.

I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for the family...a basic turkey (small one) and all the trimmings...focusing more this year on healthy prepared veggies rather than so much starchy stuff. We did have mashed potatoes, but I only had a tiny dab of those...and we had stuffing, but it was whole wheat stuffing, and again I only had a dab. And I avoided the traditional dinner rolls altogether. And I only had about maybe 3 oz of the turkey...the rest was all vegetables. And for dessert, we had some no-sugar-added pumpkin pie. To be honest, I didn't even check the label on the thing to see what it DID have in it. I was glad to have one small slice that evening, and one small slice the next day.

Since then, it's been a lot of activity shopping and stuff. No, I didn't take advantage of "Black Friday"...but I did find some really great bargains on "Super Saturday." Pretty much literally "shopped til we dropped" with my daughter on Saturday. It was fun!

As a whole, the long weekend was great. We had a peaceful, enjoyable time together as a family. And I met the challenges of a holiday feast head-on and felt successful doing so.

We're swinging into the Christmas season now...and we'll be having eight members of our extended family come stay with us for the week of Christmas...including my sister-in-law from China who LOVES to cook us wonderful homemade authentic Chinese food. That'll be a whole new challenge to overcome...but I'm confident. One great thing about Chinese food is it usually is heavy on veggies, and I'm sure she won't mind skewing her meals in that direction. It's the homemade dumplings that are liable to do me in, though. LOL Ohhhhh man, I could eat a mess o' those! .....~little sigh~..... now I'm making myself hungry. LOL Again, I need to remember not to borrow trouble from the future. I'm confident that I can apply all I've learned so far and make it through the entire holiday season without sabotaging all the great progress I've made.

Oh come, let us sing to the Lord!
    Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
    Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving;
    Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.
    For the Lord is the great God
    And the great King above all gods.
    In His hand are the deep places of the earth;
    The heights of the hills are His also.
    The sea is His, for He made it;
    And His hands formed the dry land.
    Oh come, let us worship and bow down;
    Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker,
    For He is our God,
    And we are the people of His pasture,
    And the sheep of His hand.
    - Psalm 95:1-7

I am more thankful than I can ever express...for the blessings poured out on me and my family...and for the astonishingly beautiful world we all have been entrusted with.

-- Judy

-- Judy

Thanks

Re: Day Ninety -- Holiday Victories

Good luck with your wight in. I made it through one pound down. And that was with pumkin pie and whip cream.
    I want one I need one got to rob that bank one day

1.1 albino ball, 0.3 het caramel, 1.1 spider, 0.1 mojo, 1.0 lesser, 2.2 pastel
    1.0 yb, 1.0 fire, 1.0 bell orange ghost, 0.1 pin, 1.0 josey, 1.2 leopard ball
    0.8 normal balls, 1.1 BRB, 1.3 Hondo, 1.1 hypo brooks, 1.1 brooks (hets ?)
    0.1 mex black king, 3.5 western hogs/albino/yellow/hets.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Day Ninety -- Holiday Victories

Quote Originally Posted by smd58 View Post
    Good luck with your wight in. I made it through one pound down. And that was with pumkin pie and whip cream.
    That's awesome!! Treats like that are entirely possible if we're careful the rest of the week. I'm starting to feel better about the week as a whole, and looking forward to stepping on the scale in the morning.
    -- Judy