Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,888

0 members and 2,888 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Day Eightysix -- Dealing with Disappointment

Today was scale-day. And it was not a happy morning. I didn't lose so much as an ounce this week. It's disappointing...but I am discovering that it is NOT discouraging. I do realize that this journey is bound to be filled with speed bumps and other obstacles in the path. It will have its ups and downs. The positive side of having a disappointing morning on the scale is realizing that it's not a bad thing. It doesn't make me want to give up. It doesn't make me think destructive thoughts like, "Well, if I'm not going to lose weight anyhow, then by golly, I'm gonna eat whatever I want." (Which had been a common enough thought process in past failed attempts to lose weight) If anything, it makes me more determined to eat better...to examine what I've been doing and commit to some tweaks and changes to do better next time.

I know I haven't been eating enough veggies lately. Got mighty tired of salads and other raw vegetables. So lately, I haven't veered from the path of eating whole, healthy foods, but I've been eating more grains and beans than I probably should, I guess. So...for the coming week...more fresh veggies!

I also need to start incorporating more deliberate exercise into my daily routine. Today, Petra decided it's "really nice out" and "you should take me to the track to run while it's still nice enough to do so." So...if she's gonna run, then so am I. I'd really like to learn how to run, even though I've always hated past attempts to do so.

Well..."nice" turned out to be 30 degrees with a windchill of 16. I felt like my ears were going to literally snap off the sides of my head. I only made it two laps around the track and had had enough. The running was hard enough all on its own, but adding in that deeply painful level of cold that made my chest tighten up as if I had asthma (I don't)...I did all I could do. I told Petra should could run for as long as she wished, but I was going back to the car. She ended up doing 12 laps (3 miles) and came back a Petra-Popsicle! Bless her heart! But even after waiting in the car for that long...and then being home for awhile now and having warmed up and thawed out...I still am having difficulty breathing. Ah well. This journey, too...to get in good physical shape...has got to start somewhere. It may start slow, but it is begun.

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    - Philippians 4:13

-- Judy

-- Judy

Thanks

Re: Day Eightysix -- Dealing with Disappointment

It will happen, hang in there. I was stuck at 240 for the last few weeks, today I weighed in at 238. As for that cold, I'll stick with the warm GYM. Get any of that snow I saw on the news?
    I want one I need one got to rob that bank one day

1.1 albino ball, 0.3 het caramel, 1.1 spider, 0.1 mojo, 1.0 lesser, 2.2 pastel
    1.0 yb, 1.0 fire, 1.0 bell orange ghost, 0.1 pin, 1.0 josey, 1.2 leopard ball
    0.8 normal balls, 1.1 BRB, 1.3 Hondo, 1.1 hypo brooks, 1.1 brooks (hets ?)
    0.1 mex black king, 3.5 western hogs/albino/yellow/hets.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to smd58 For This Useful Post:

JLC (11-24-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Day Eightysix -- Dealing with Disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by smd58 View Post
    It will happen, hang in there. I was stuck at 240 for the last few weeks, today I weighed in at 238. As for that cold, I'll stick with the warm GYM. Get any of that snow I saw on the news?
    Nope...no snow here. But I'll bet the mountains will be extra pretty when the sun comes up tomorrow!

I won't do a gym...too many times to count I have signed a gym contract and then not followed through. I just hate a public gym. I've got two stories worth of stairs in this house though...so no lack of exercise potential regardless of the weather outside.
    -- Judy