Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,381

1 members and 1,380 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Things to look out for?

I've been reading a lot lately about shipping reptiles, getting certified with FedEx, etc. and I decided to go ahead and start working on business stuff now before I'm in dire need of doing it. I don't plan to breed for money, I just have my pastel and mojo pair as pets, and maybe in a few years sell the extra babies I don't need (if I have the heart to let them go). I might dabble in a few other genes for fun, I LOVE axanthics and clowns, but I'm waiting to get in the hang of breeding and keeping snakes before I take on something more intensive than keeping my pets xD
    Anyway, I set up an online business account with FedEx to start certification, and didn't think much of it at the time. They ended up calling me a few days later to ask about my "business" and what I planned to do. I explained that I was planning to ship reptiles sometime in the future, and I was really only interested in getting certified to ship. Now that the wheels are turning on that, I was hoping to look for advice from the members on here on how to keep things in line for the actual business part of this. Really wasn't expecting anything from them, let alone phone calls, so I figure it can't hurt to get things organized and running now
    I guess my bottom line questions are:

Should I get my google site that I've been dinking with off-and-on up and running to make things look professional?

Is there anything I should look out for while I set this up?

Is it a good idea to try and set up a separate paypal account or something to deal with my reptile side of financial stuff?

Is it even worth it to do all of this now? Or should I wait until I'm producing some animals to work on it?

And I'd appreciate any other advice I can get. I've done some skimming of the business forum, but I'm hoping for some fresh opinions and a bit different approach than anything rushed. It's not going to be my livelihood (at least not yet ) but I want to keep things legal and professional

Erica Evans
    Scourge of the San Juan Islands
    High Tide Exotics
    When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.

"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentine Pirate For This Useful Post:

shorty54 (11-23-2010)

Thanks
    I have a FedEx business account for selling car parts. Which I no longer use. But, I think it would be good to get your site up and going just to have more possible clients in the future! I personally love going to sites that are PEOPLE ran and seeing what everyone has in their own personal collection. I've actually thought about starting a picture site with all of my animals. Just something to have for when I'm breeding Cresties and BP's myself. All of mine are babies now but in a few years they will be ready and I'd rather have it all set up and running....just my 2 cents! Also, I feel you can never have TOO many pictures! LOL!
    Shorty
    Voo Doo Reptile

www.iherp.com/shorty54