Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,300

1 members and 3,299 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Day Seventyseven -- A New Phase

This new phase isn't really all that different from the last six weeks. But I did have coffee for the first time this morning...and oohhhhh let me tell you, it was about the best cup of coffee I've ever had. I still remember my first slice of pizza after the last time I went through this program....best pizza of my life, by far! But pizza is still a long way off for this girl.

As I said, nothing will really change much for me...but it still FEELS different. There's a feeling of freedom that I didn't expect. There are no more restrictions on what, specifically, I can put in my mouth. It's all entirely up to me to choose. And even though I'm not choosing anything differently, it feels even more empowering because these are MY rules and no one else's!

All I needed was a very specific guideline for creating these rules, and a solid course to follow to learn how to actually employ those rules.

I'll mention it here, for anyone who doesn't want to go digging through all my blogs to find the program I'm building my lifestyle around:

It's a book called Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhman.

If ANY of you are struggling not just with weight, but with heart disease or diabetes, I can't recommend this book more strongly. It will quite literally change your life if you're serious about changing it. And not just for people who need to lose weight. Even average weight people in this country have terribly clogged arteries and are shortening their potential lifespan by poisoning themselves with fake food.

OK OK...enough preaching!! It's not necessarily for everyone. Our brains and hearts are all wired differently and I know what works for one person may not work for another. But there IS something out there for everyone who sincerely seeks after it. I have no doubt.

And for me, my faith is the foundation of all my abilities to find this course and stay on it. So if you've not followed my blogs before...you'll find that I almost always leave a verse of Scripture that speaks to me that day. Sometimes it lines up with what I'm writing...sometimes it's just a special word apart from my topic. It helps me to stay focused on the source of my strength and the power of who I am in God's eyes.

I promise, not all my posts are this preachy and mushy! (Well, sometimes they get a little mushy! LOL) I just wanted to give a little more intro into who I am and what I'm doing here for those who haven't read before this.

I'm sure this is quite enough for tonight!

Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven. Your faithfulness endures to all generations. You established the earth, and it abides.
    - Psalm 119:89,90

Good night!

-- Judy

-- Judy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

rabernet (11-16-2010)

Thanks

Re: Day Seventyseven -- A New Phase

Cup of coffee, and pizza. I still have a cup just about everyday, thats the one thing i didnt give up. Pizza I just started to eat again but only one small piece. Keep up the hard work on the diet, and enjoy that back yard view you got. I like this color you chose.
    I want one I need one got to rob that bank one day

1.1 albino ball, 0.3 het caramel, 1.1 spider, 0.1 mojo, 1.0 lesser, 2.2 pastel
    1.0 yb, 1.0 fire, 1.0 bell orange ghost, 0.1 pin, 1.0 josey, 1.2 leopard ball
    0.8 normal balls, 1.1 BRB, 1.3 Hondo, 1.1 hypo brooks, 1.1 brooks (hets ?)
    0.1 mex black king, 3.5 western hogs/albino/yellow/hets.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smd58 For This Useful Post:

JLC (11-16-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Day Seventyseven -- A New Phase

Quote Originally Posted by smd58 View Post
    Cup of coffee, and pizza. I still have a cup just about everyday, thats the one thing i didnt give up. Pizza I just started to eat again but only one small piece. Keep up the hard work on the diet, and enjoy that back yard view you got. I like this color you chose.
    LOL...I overdid it on the coffee today. I'm not a heavy coffee drinker anyhow...but was so glad to have it back "on the menu" that I had three big cups this morning. Been jittery and spastic ever since! So no more coffee for a couple days...while I remind myself that moderation in ALL things is key!

I look forward to being thin enough to feel comfortable eating an occasional slice of pizza again!

Thanks for the kind words! I DO love my back yard!!! And I'm glad these colors are working out for folks, 'cause I like 'em a lot!

-- Judy