Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,890

5 members and 2,885 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Journey -- Please read this before posting in here

Hello all!

I started this journey on August 30th in the new BLOG section of the site. It was my hope then that there would be other folks who also struggle along this path that would join in with my blogs and share their own stories, and we could encourage and hold each other up along the way.

Maybe it's the remoteness of the blogs, that most of the site doesn't realize they are there. Maybe it's the personal nature of them...that is Judy's journal and I shouldn't intrude. Whatever the reason, my original dream for the project did not quite materialize. I am, however, extremely grateful for the words of encouragement I did receive there. Each was a comfort and will continue to be so! And my overall goal of helping to keep myself on track and accountable to some unseen audience has been successful.

I would like to expand on that success here. And I hope that the more user-friendly format of the forums will encourage others to join in as we walk this path. This, for me, is about weight loss. But others struggle with other destructive behaviors/habits that they are wishing to overcome. Smoking, for instance. That is its own difficult journey and is welcomed to be a part of this one. Anyone who wants to make (or has made) difficult, but life-altering changes in their world is welcome here.

Anyone is welcome to post here! Reply to current threads or start your own. If you've successfully traveled this path already, then I'd love it if you shared your story. Post recipes if you like...exercise techniques...supplements...seek out support and encouragement...or offer your own encouragement to others.

I would ask that folks participating here remain on topic...but I realize that this journey has many facets that do not necessarily involve food or exercise. So many different things affect our lives. My own blog often rambled into seemingly unrelated topics, but they all are a part of the journey. So please feel free to share whatever is on your heart that might be tossing up barriers in your path or helping to ease the way.

My only strict rule is that there will be no ridicule or mocking of another person's struggles. Doing so may result in instant infractions and/or dismissal from this forum altogether. (Meaning the Journey forum, not the BP.net site. )
    Last edited by JLC; 11-15-2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: misspoke
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Re: Welcome to the Journey -- Please read this before posting in here

While I knew there was a place for blogs here, I didn't even know they were being used. Maybe something to get traffic to that part of the site would help. I suppose time will do that as well.

Haven't read your blog, didn't even know you were writing one.

I'll mosey on over and see how things look.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

JLC (11-15-2010)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, I've made announcements in threads and mentioned it a few times...and have a link to it in my signature...and there are other various blog links around the site. Not sure what else I can do to draw traffic over there.

Maybe this very forum will help draw more traffic over there and others will start blogging more. I may start a new one sometime...with a topic that isn't quite so emotionally important to me as this one is.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    Well, I've made announcements in threads and mentioned it a few times...and have a link to it in my signature...and there are other various blog links around the site. Not sure what else I can do to draw traffic over there.

Maybe this very forum will help draw more traffic over there and others will start blogging more. I may start a new one sometime...with a topic that isn't quite so emotionally important to me as this one is.
    I don't read most signatures, reckon I should take a gander every now and again.

Who knows, maybe I'll start one up, blog that is.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    I don't read most signatures, reckon I should take a gander every now and again.

Who knows, maybe I'll start one up, blog that is.
    Hehe...yeah, I tend to skip over them as well...unless they're extraordinarily annoying...and then they have to get changed.

At this time, only gold-level contributors and higher can create blogs. That may change somewhat in the not-too-distant future, but that's the way it is now. I can confidently say though, that I, for one, would devour any blog you wrote.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    JLC: "(Meaning the weight-loss forum, not the BP.net site. ) "
    So this is only a weight loss forum? I have lots of things I struggle with but weight loss isn't one of them.
    Last edited by shelliebear; 11-15-2010 at 02:47 PM.
    2.3 normal ball pythons
    .1 ultramel motley het caramel corn snake
    1. butter motley het caramel+stripe corn snake
    1. fiance I had to rehome my kitty, and my dog got cancer and we put her down. RIP.(Did I forget anything??)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shelliebear For This Useful Post:

JLC (11-15-2010)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shelliebear View Post
    JLC: "(Meaning the weight-loss forum, not the BP.net site. ) "
    So this is only a weight loss forum? I have lots of things I struggle with but weight loss isn't one of them.
    Ahhh...not quite. I was editing myself as I went and my original thoughts for this forum evolved...and I just missed that line. (I'll go back and edit it in a minute)

However, this isn't really a "counseling" forum, perse...it's for support and encouragement for people struggling to change specific body-destructive habits like over eating, smoking, anorexia, alcohol, etc. So if any of your struggles fall into that sort of category, then I hope we can work together here.

Any platinum-level member can have their own forum, so maybe someone might be interested in opening up one geared toward more generalized life-struggles (of which we all have many!).
    Last edited by JLC; 11-15-2010 at 02:59 PM.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    I have a couple of issues similar to those. Do you think these would fit?:
    1: I'm seriously, ridiculously addicted to the soda Pepsi. I'm drinking it so often (6 cans or so per day) that my teeth are losing their enamel, I'm getting cavities at the gum line and in between my teeth, etc.
    I can't stop drinking the stupid drink. It makes me feel good when I drink it. It tastes yummy.
    But it's AWFUL for my teeth.
    2. Scab picking. Sometime I'll have to take pictures of the month old cut on my arm that started out as maybe .25 of an inch in length, and is now much bigger because I keep pulling the scab off....
    3. Biting cuticles till my fingers bleed
    Do you think those would fit? I'm not sure how many people suffer with those habits, but they are destructive for me.
    I would likez support too.
    2.3 normal ball pythons
    1. fiance I had to rehome my kitty, and my dog got cancer and we put her down. RIP.(Did I forget anything??)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shelliebear View Post
    I have a couple of issues similar to those. Do you think these would fit?:
    1: I'm seriously, ridiculously addicted to the soda Pepsi. I'm drinking it so often (6 cans or so per day) that my teeth are losing their enamel, I'm getting cavities at the gum line and in between my teeth, etc.
    I can't stop drinking the stupid drink. It makes me feel good when I drink it. It tastes yummy.
    But it's AWFUL for my teeth.
    2. Scab picking. Sometime I'll have to take pictures of the month old cut on my arm that started out as maybe .25 of an inch in length, and is now much bigger because I keep pulling the scab off....
    3. Biting cuticles till my fingers bleed
    Do you think those would fit? I'm not sure how many people suffer with those habits, but they are destructive for me.
    I would likez support too.
    Hon...so long as you're determined to change those habits, then please feel welcomed.
    -- Judy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

shelliebear (11-15-2010)

Thanks
    "You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice."
    2.3 normal ball pythons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast