Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,853

2 members and 2,851 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Journey -- Please read this before posting in here

Hello all!

I started this journey on August 30th in the new BLOG section of the site. It was my hope then that there would be other folks who also struggle along this path that would join in with my blogs and share their own stories, and we could encourage and hold each other up along the way.

Maybe it's the remoteness of the blogs, that most of the site doesn't realize they are there. Maybe it's the personal nature of them...that is Judy's journal and I shouldn't intrude. Whatever the reason, my original dream for the project did not quite materialize. I am, however, extremely grateful for the words of encouragement I did receive there. Each was a comfort and will continue to be so! And my overall goal of helping to keep myself on track and accountable to some unseen audience has been successful.

I would like to expand on that success here. And I hope that the more user-friendly format of the forums will encourage others to join in as we walk this path. This, for me, is about weight loss. But others struggle with other destructive behaviors/habits that they are wishing to overcome. Smoking, for instance. That is its own difficult journey and is welcomed to be a part of this one. Anyone who wants to make (or has made) difficult, but life-altering changes in their world is welcome here.

Anyone is welcome to post here! Reply to current threads or start your own. If you've successfully traveled this path already, then I'd love it if you shared your story. Post recipes if you like...exercise techniques...supplements...seek out support and encouragement...or offer your own encouragement to others.

I would ask that folks participating here remain on topic...but I realize that this journey has many facets that do not necessarily involve food or exercise. So many different things affect our lives. My own blog often rambled into seemingly unrelated topics, but they all are a part of the journey. So please feel free to share whatever is on your heart that might be tossing up barriers in your path or helping to ease the way.

My only strict rule is that there will be no ridicule or mocking of another person's struggles. Doing so may result in instant infractions and/or dismissal from this forum altogether. (Meaning the Journey forum, not the BP.net site. )
    Last edited by JLC; 11-15-2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: misspoke
    -- Judy