Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 935

3 members and 932 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

View Poll Results: Which tablet do you use or want?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apple iPad

7 41.18%
  • Samsung Galaxy tab

1 5.88%
  • I'm waiting to see what's coming out soon

8 47.06%
  • I have no desire to use a tablet

1 5.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tablet users?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts

Tablet users?

I was curious how many members are using tablets on a regular basis. I'm currently using an iPad, but I waited until after I had hands on with Samsung's Galaxy Tab to purchase it.
    --Walt

Thanks
    I have a Lifebook touchscreen PC, so I am kinda spoiled vis a vis screen real estate. Haven't bought a tablet yet for that reason.
    Blessed be, Betsy
    1.1 BP, 11.13.4 cornsnakes, 1.1 cali kings, 1.0 Hogg BCI. many.many SSS's in transit, 1.2 cats, RIP Vickie cat

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I want an iPad but I'm going to wait till they release one with the retina display like on the iPhone 4.. Point less to be able to display HD video content if the screen isn't the best it can be..
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Re: Tablet users?

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    I want an iPad but I'm going to wait till they release one with the retina display like on the iPhone 4.. Point less to be able to display HD video content if the screen isn't the best it can be..
    This is how I feel as well. I have an iphone 4 and when I compare the screen of the iphone 4 to an ipad, it just doesn't seem right. I'm going to wait, but I believe I will be looking into the new macbook airs. I'm a windows user, but these just seem awesome!!!

Thanks
    I will say that when they release the iPad with the retina display that my current one will be hitting Ebay or given to one of the kids. I don't have any issue with the current display for the time being.
    --Walt

Thanks
    my bf just bought an ipad last night. My problem with them is that Apple in general tends to release a base model when they have the technology available to add so many more features!! I am waiting for a nice Android tablet to be released.
    1.0 Spider "Charlie"
    1.1 Normal "Precious" "Chumley"
    0.1 Pastel "Sweet Dee"
    1.1 Mojave "Stewie" "Little Bit"
    0.1 Lesser "Sally"
    1.0 Pied "Jack"
    1.0 Nile Monitor "Superman"
    0.1 Bearded Dragons "Snookie"
    0.0.1 Sulcuta Tortoise "Kenny Powers"
    1.0 Chocolate lab "Dante"
    1.0 Now snake obsessed boyfriend

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

Me and the wife bought an Ipad for our birthdays(we are 1 day apart), I surf the web on it while watching TV and my wife reads books on it. I am not a big Mac fan but I love the Ipad.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbean7916 View Post
    my bf just bought an ipad last night. My problem with them is that Apple in general tends to release a base model when they have the technology available to add so many more features!! I am waiting for a nice Android tablet to be released.
    I'll qualify the following with this I have seen and like alot of things about the phones that run googles OS. There are things I prefer over Apples head and shoulders so no I am not bias.

Google has said that a tablet isn't in the android future yet. There are things they want to improve on prior to tackling this. They also stated that the Android while it is capable of running a Tablet isn't designed or optimized for that as of yet.

Will they ever try it sure they will, but what we all have to remember is that the iOS from apple was designed for a tablet and touch based computer first and Apple built the phone hardware to run the Tablet software. I watched the D5 interview with S. Jobs where he explained that.

Google is running into the same development problem that Microsoft fights with Windows, Offering a base platform that drives anyones hardware..If google has a shot at competing with the iPad they need to design the hardware and software in house..

I for one hope they do..competition drives others to beat them its healthy for the consumer to have companies working to make bigger better products it means we the customer get the best product they can offer.

Would I buy an Android Tablet? Sure if it offered features I needed for a Price i was willing to pay..
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post

Google has said that a tablet isn't in the android future yet. There are things they want to improve on prior to tackling this. They also stated that the Android while it is capable of running a Tablet isn't designed or optimized for that as of yet.
    That doesn't make much sense to me, since the Android platform is based on Linux.

Who cares about tablets - give me Google TV and give it to me NOW!

Thanks
    I tried google tv out the other day. I liked it, but its to confusing for everyone else in my house. Lol
    I had to go with Apple TV as its super easy. It does what its supposed to do very well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    --Walt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast