Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 530

1 members and 529 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

getting a pair of bull snakes & need some advice from other people who have owned the

I'm doing some trading for a breeding pair of bull snakes & need a quick run down on them. I know there found around mexico & california so what should the temperature & humidity be? The guy said he's had them for 5 years & they have successfully bred every year & the female has double clutched the last 4 years. I know they can be mean & nippy at first but usually its just a bluff. Any other info on them would be great. I plan on breeding them so any info or advice on that would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    1.0.0 Bandit Leopard Gecko
    1.0.0 Bell Albino het. Patternless Leopard Gecko
    1.0.0 Giant SHCTB Leopard Gecko
    0.2.0 SHCTB Leopard Geckos
    0.0.1 Murphys Patternless Leopard gecko
    0.0.2 Savannah Monitors
    0.0.1 Rabbit
    1.0.0 Knucklehead Dog

Thanks

Re: getting a pair of bull snakes & need some advice from other people who have owned

Are they Gopher snakes, or Bull Snakes? Bull snakes can be found in Mexico and Cali, but are more abundant in the central areas of the United States such as Colorado. I treat mine as a desert species and only give him a light misting 2-3 a week and only double this when he is shedding. For heat i keep mine at about 88-89 this gives me some leeway in case something happens and I need to increase the heat. I do have to say that during the summer months my temps go up a degree or 2 so pay attention to this. I rarely see mine soaking even though he does have a water bowl large enough for soaking. They are great eaters and I have yet to notice my bull or pine snake turn down food. Good luck to you.

Thanks
    I believe bull snakes, like corn snakes, run the gambit from mexico to southern canada...very hardy

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I keep them at ambient temps for the cool side which means 72-75, hot spot about 82-85, I do not like keeping colubrids any higher especially if they are breeders.

Ambient humidity will be fine as well.
    Deborah Stewart