Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,109

0 members and 3,109 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Logo Assistance....

Hey Guys/Gals I have heard and seen some of the work you guys are capable of doing other than educating and breeding... I know there are graphic designers and hobby artist on here lurking around... I am looking for some assistance with my Logo. I have spent about 12 hours or more working on what I have. I cant seem to get my lines right. I am looking for any assistance or tips on how to make this look more like a logo and not like a hot mess lol. [/IMG]

SnJ Reptiles is the name that I am trying to get into the logo..

Thanks please let me know what you think.

Jacob Pfaller

Thanks
    Your going to have to use a Vector based program like Illustrator for those lines to be DEAD sharp. Photoshop is all Raster based.

You will have a much MUCH better result if you do all of your line work IN Illustrator, then use Photoshop for your post processing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Patrick Long For This Useful Post:

Jacob Pfaller (10-04-2010)

Thanks

Re: Logo Assistance....

Thanks. I was working with Gimp. Is this illustrator easy to use or more for the advanced ? I will look into the illustrator prgram. Thanks Patrick

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

From what I can find the freeware equivalent of illustrator would be inkscape.

I have zero artistic talent (as the following pic will demonstrate ) but I wanted to play about with a few ideas when I saw your logo - I hope you don't mind.

I thought the new positioning of the wings gave better areas to put in your web addy and email address and that the letters needed to be highlighted and made easier to read in a hurry.

But typically I then couldn't find a font I could stretch and distort well enough to make it fit.

So forgive the fake up with the airbrush tool - trackballs suck for doing that by the way.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

Jacob Pfaller (10-06-2010)

Thanks
    I like the logo design, the only thing I could see that would make it better is if you could possibly use real ball python morphs as the letters. I think that would really make it pop.
    Ball Pythons:
    0.1.0 Bumble Bee- Schnapps
    0.1.0 Pinstripe- Penny
    0.1.0 Super Cinnamon- Cleo
    0.1.0 Albino- Daiquiri
    0.1.0 Low White Piebald- Hershey
    1.0.0 Low White Piebald- Reese
    1.0.0 Paradox Super Cinnamon- Dash
    1.0.0 100% Het. Albino- Jester
    1.0.0 50% Het. Albino Jake

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bsash For This Useful Post:

Jacob Pfaller (10-06-2010)

Thanks

Dr. Del thanks I worked with that progam the other night until 3 am and didnt get what I was aiming for. It looks as if I may have to seek out a professional to make this look like I want it to. I did how ever sketch another one last night. I like your idea on the wings.

Again thanks for taking the time to work with my design! let me know if you have any other thoughts.

Thanks Jacob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bsash View Post
    I like the logo design, the only thing I could see that would make it better is if you could possibly use real ball python morphs as the letters. I think that would really make it pop.
    I agree with you on working in real snakes in the logo, I just dont have the skill set to get this done. It will more than likely come up when I find someone to help me with it.
    Thanks for the Input
    Jacob Pfaller

Thanks
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Here are the sketches I made.. just wanted to throw them out there...

Thanks for looking
    Jacob Pfaller

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

One thought - you may want to have a couple of different designs or work on a more flexible all-in-one in terms of fitting neatly onto business cards, t-shirts snake bags etc as well as being on the website.

One logo might make it more recognisable but it does kind of limit the dimensions etc as it has to be readable/ look great at smaller sizes and lots of different resolutions. You could have something like a recognisable component used in all the different uses, like the center button with the letters, and have different frames to slot it into for each specific use.

Plus the palette etc will obviously affect the price for printing in some situations.

But I haven't got past the planning stages for mine so a voice of experience would have more reliable input.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.