Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,063

2 members and 3,061 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well think about all the really subtle morphs out there. If you were bagging up 1000 hatchling bp's and had to do it fast you don't have time to really notice a subtle pattern? Plus these bp's were screened already for morphs so why even bother. I'm fairly sure the guy doing the bagging just sits there all day bagging up snakes for export and doesn't really care too much so long as they are bagged and he gets paid.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts
    I personally know someone who has purchased a "bag of balls" from Africa.
    He paid $150-200 for ~100 snakes. There were morphs in the bags such as pastels and mojaves. I'm not sure on the ratio of morph to normals though.

Thanks

Re: Importing BPs from Africa

Quote Originally Posted by meeistom View Post
    I do bring over BP's from Africa every year for the past 4 years this will be my 5th year doing it.

As for agents you need a contact in Africa willing to do it. You also need CITES paperwork as well. If your working with a real agent they will be able to provide proof that they can in fact export and have the licenses to do so from Ghana.

Fees are CITES, custom's and freight. Plus whatever fees your agent charges you as well.

They are shipped via Delta Air freight to an airport.

Normally they are shipped from Ghana.

Just to give you an idea I brought over 1500 hatchling and 30 adult bp's and the fees were $3100 when it was said and done. That's just the fees mind you not the cost of the snakes or any other expenses. Before anyone asks the adults were all morphs and about 250 of the hatchlings were morphs as well.
    super old post sorry for bumping but got my curiosity. Was just wondering as you said the 30 adults were all morphs do you get to see and pick out the ones you wanted? This of course isnt something im looking to do or get into. I figure it does require a good amount of ready cash and contacts neither of which I have Im just curious about the process. So all snakes that are shipped over are already bought and paid for? I ask this because ive seen things online about people "picked out of a shipment" and mentions of "pick out of a shipment". so who has access to these shipments? With regard to your particular example the 1500 balls do they just bag up 1500 randoms and send them to you?. Sorry to ask a million questions as i said i just find this pretty interesting. It would be neat if the chance were available to browse imported snakes and pick out something cool that you like either just for a pet or as a dinker project.
    0.1 Woma Pinstripe "Gemma"
    0.1 Ultramel "Lyla"
    0.1 Bamboo Woma "Tara"
    0.1 Rio(Super Arroyo) "Wendy"
    1.0 Clown "Happy"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Ghost "Unser"
    1.0 KillerBee Yellow Belly "Half-Sack"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satomi325 View Post
    I personally know someone who has purchased a "bag of balls" from Africa.
    He paid $150-200 for ~100 snakes. There were morphs in the bags such as pastels and mojaves. I'm not sure on the ratio of morph to normals though.
    any idea how he did it? who he contacted? I really do love this website. So much info. and what cooler topic than BP's??!!
    0.1 Woma Pinstripe "Gemma"
    0.1 Ultramel "Lyla"
    0.1 Bamboo Woma "Tara"
    0.1 Rio(Super Arroyo) "Wendy"
    1.0 Clown "Happy"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Ghost "Unser"
    1.0 KillerBee Yellow Belly "Half-Sack"

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Arise sir Necromancer.

All jokes aside interesting topic and I shall be investigating this stuff for a while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12