Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,143

2 members and 2,141 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

Thread: Something Else?

Thanks

Something Else?

So about 2months ago she is about 7months now,i purchased 66% het clown female(Local Reputable Breeder),she is really something else. She has a light brown body and toward the tail she lightens up almost to like a light orange/yellow color,she does not have to much of the alien head pattern like most normals and het's do,she has more of a line on her back with stripes and little speckles,towards the neck the alien head pattern increases a bit. She also has a orange mark about 1-2" above the vent,and it circles around and does not go onto the belly,next to my male normal(also 66% het) she looks amazing. I managed to get a few pics a few weeks ago of here. What do you think?

http://ball-pythons.net/gallery/file...icture0011.jpg
    http://ball-pythons.net/gallery/file...icture0015.jpg
    http://ball-pythons.net/gallery/file...icture0007.jpg
    Why? Why do humans always look to the sky? Why do you try so hard to fly when you don't have any wings? We'll run on our own legs. - Kiba "Wolf's rain"

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    She looks pretty 'normal' to me. The pictures are really crummy for telling anything, the contrast is way off. I would call her a reduced pattern 'normal' and she seems to have a black back too. It doesn't mean that she is genetic for those things, but she's neat! I hear het clowns tend to be really light so you might have gotten lucky with her!

I have a 50% het clown that is super dark, but has the reduced pattern and black back like your girl.
    Last edited by SlitherinSisters; 03-15-2011 at 06:16 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SlitherinSisters For This Useful Post:

Strange_Evil (03-15-2011)

Thanks
    She looks very light and have a very noticeable flame base on the pictures you posted, but I dont see nothin more that will conclude she's something else. Normals do vary in colors and patterns, and some often display morph-like features but doesnt pass them to offsprings. But, some hets do show significant or rather noticeable difference in terms of color and pattern when compared to non-het sibs or other normals. Maybe that's the difference you are noticing w/ her? Maybe. Though no proof has been made on this theory yet. Good luck on prooving her on your future breeding.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy Pythons For This Useful Post:

Strange_Evil (03-16-2011)

Thanks
    Thanks,she does has a few of those flames,hopefully she proves out for me when the time comes . If not oh well,still got a great Bp.
    Why? Why do humans always look to the sky? Why do you try so hard to fly when you don't have any wings? We'll run on our own legs. - Kiba "Wolf's rain"

Thanks

Re: Something Else?

For a better image I think a dorsal view of her laying down on a flat surface and or next to a normal (if you have one) would give us a better idea.

Either way she looks great and I hope she proves out for you,.. I'm looking for a het clown myself. A lot of hets look normal and don't tend to have markers. But I've also noticed as more are created DHs tend to be much lighter as well. Not saying yours is,.. just what I've noticed.