Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,928

1 members and 2,927 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: UFC 119 Results

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

UFC 119 Results

Pay-Per-View Bouts
    Frank Mir def. Mirko Cro Cop via knockout
    Ryan Bader def. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira via unanimous decision
    Chris Lytle def. Matt Serra via unanimous decision
    Sean Sherk def. Evan Dunham via split decision
    Melvin Guillard def. Jeremy Stephens via split decision

Spike TV Preliminary Bouts
    CB Dollaway def. Joe Doerksen via submission (guillotine)
    Matt Mitrione def. Joey Beltran via unanimous decision
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Re: UFC 119 Results

Frank Mir vs Mirko Cro Cop:

Cro Cop walks into his old PRIDE standby song, Duran Duran's Wild Boys, while Mir walks in to Kanye West's Amazing.

Round 1: The two touch gloves to begin the fight. Mir bulls in for a takedown and they crash against the cage, but Cro Cop keeps underhooks and stays upright. They clinch. A Cro Cop knee goes errant and Mir needs a timeout. Cro Cop apologizes and we restart. Cro Cop tries a right high kick; it breezes past Mir's face. Mir clinches and knees Cro Cop to the body. Mir's digging in but Cro Cop's got the underhooks deep and he's not going down. They break. A clinch against the fence is broken up by the ref with 30 seconds left. Big left by Mir as they move to the fence again, and the round runs out. Mir, 10-9.

Round 2: Mir got a body lock on Cro Cop briefly, but it ended in a clinch against the cage. Lots of clinch work in this one as he likely feels his size will wear Cro Cop down. Ref Herb Dean restarts them. This isn't exactly action-packed as there's a lot of fakes and footwork with not a lot behind it. Another clinch. Crowd is growing restless. Dean breaks them up again. Less than a minute in the round. Cro Cop finally fires off the left high kick with about 10 seconds left, but it was really to appease the booing fans, and wasn't even close.

Round 3: Cascading boos for the opening minute or two as the two circle each other endlessly. Most thrown punches are single strikes with nothing else behind them. Another clinch midway through. Mir knows he's got a big edge on the ground but can't get it there. Cro Cop still seems trigger shy on his feet. Those two factors are not exactly combining to make a classic. Out of nowhere, Mir lands a crushing right knee to the chin that puts Cro Cop out in a blink.

Winner: Frank Mir via KO, Rd. 3 (4:02)
    Written by: Mike Chiappetta
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks
    Yeah, if I had paid to watch this event, I'd have been dissapointed again. At least the Serra/Lyttle fight was fun to watch. I don't know why, but for the most part, when I buy an event, the main events seem to suck and I end up pissed I spent the money. Usually the undercard fights are funner to watch cause those guys are out to make a name for themselves, not collect a paycheck. That's just my two cents.