Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,756

2 members and 2,754 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Fedex Integrity....or a lack of it.

Sent a shipment out Wednesday night, to arrive by 10:30am Thursday.

Customer works at a hotel, had shipment sent there.

10:30 rolls around, no delivery updates.

Text customer at 10:37am to ask if he's seen any sign of the Fedex truck. Nothing.

Customer texts at 10:47am, truck just pulled up 1 or 2 minutes ago.

Package is safe and sound, snake is good, all is well.

Get delivery alert e-mail @ 10:52am. States package delivered at 10:29am.

Fedex does have an on-time guarantee, 60 seconds late and you are owed a refund. Normally, I wouldn't make a big deal of it being 15 minutes late, but this is a blatant lie. The package was scanned in 15 minutes prior to the truck even arriving. Called my rep, she said the only thing they have to go off of is the time it was scanned and signed for and that the driver cannot manipulate the time.

I basically told her, somehow, the time was manipulated. She repeatedly assures me this cannot be done, but she's wrong.

I really don't care about the refund, its a matter of principle. The package was not on time, yet they have manipulated something to say that it was. I'm sure late delivery reflects poorly on the driver and I'm sure they have ways of avoiding it. But to say it was signed for by the hotel at 10:29 when my customer watched the truck pull up 15 minutes later just demonstrates a total lack of integrity.

At least the snake is safe and sound and my customer was happy. I don't fault Fedex here, the driver is just cutting corners.

Now I have the choice of escalating it since my rep said her hands are tied, or letting it go. Its really not worth the hassle in many ways, I doubt anyone would ever truly listen regardless.
    -Eric-

Thanks

Re: Fedex Integrity....or a lack of it.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. At least FedEx is allowing us to ship through them. That's more than we can say about UPS. I have had packages show up late, and I was told that there was nothing that I could do about it. I have also been told that if the address is in a rural area, then they can change the arrival time to whatever they need. I have had them change the arrival time to 4:00 p.m.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

Unfortunately you'll always have those that cut corners. And I'm sure the drivers have found a way around that so their times look better, you should ask if the customer actually signed for it. i can see that being an easy way, scan it, sign for the customer, tell the customer no sig needed...

Glad the snake is safe and sound though
    1.0 Spider "Charlie"
    1.1 Normal "Precious" "Chumley"
    0.1 Pastel "Sweet Dee"
    1.1 Mojave "Stewie" "Little Bit"
    0.1 Lesser "Sally"
    1.0 Pied "Jack"
    1.0 Nile Monitor "Superman"
    0.1 Bearded Dragons "Snookie"
    0.0.1 Sulcuta Tortoise "Kenny Powers"
    1.0 Chocolate lab "Dante"
    1.0 Now snake obsessed boyfriend

BPnet Senior Member iCandiBallPythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 829 Posts

I'm just thankful theyre still shipping reptiles unlike another company
    Malcolm S.
    Premier Ball Python Mutations

Like Us on Face Book or Visit our website

Thanks
    I figure most of the time the packages arrive before the 10:30am deadline...If it happened too many times, then I'd start worrying...
    I'm FedEx Certified...
    Bearded Dragon's and a small collection of snakes are my focus...
    "When the ocean dies, surfing dies..."
    "Punish the deed, not the breed..."

Thanks
    you can't manipulate the time...trust me.

Chad

Thanks

If 10:30 is the time, then 10:30 is the time. 10:50 is late and just like any business that promises something, they should be held to their own standard. Remember, it's their standard, not the customers.

Jim Smith

Thanks

My wife about kicked our drivers butt... her and the kids ordered a male pin for me for fathers day this year, and it was fedex nextday guaranteed by noon..... It showed up @ 7:30 that night....... all turned out okay, thankfully, I thought she was gonna kill that guy though...

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't think it's uncommon for companies to cut those kinds of corners all the time. Back in the day when Domino's Pizza guaranteed their 30 minute delivery, but we never got a free pizza even when they were 10 minutes late. And we used to rent movies at Blockbuster. Hubby would turn them in on the morning that they were due, on his way to work...but the staff at BB wouldn't scan them in until late that evening and then charge us a late fee. After that little "accident" happened multiple times, we stopped giving any of our business to BB. Unfortunately, you can't do that with FedEx because they essentially have a monopoly on shipping snakes.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    If 10:30 is the time, then 10:30 is the time. 10:50 is late and just like any business that promises something, they should be held to their own standard. Remember, it's their standard, not the customers.

Jim Smith
    Precisely my line of thought. They are the one that offer the guarantee, not myself.

From the Fedex site:
    "FedEx offers a money-back guarantee for every U.S. shipment. You may request a refund or credit of your shipping charges if we miss our published (or quoted, as in the case of FedEx SameDay®) delivery time by even 60 seconds.

This guarantee applies to all U.S. shipments, commercial and residential, to all 50 states."

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitz87 View Post
    you can't manipulate the time...trust me.

Chad
    Trust you on what basis? I trust my customer and the fact that he was waiting for it while I was talking to him. He watched the truck pull up. Maybe you don't alter your times, but this guy figured out a way. Don't tell me it can't be done and then ask my blind trust. Not going to happen. It happened.

It doesn't matter at this point, I'm not arguing with Fedex any more than I have to. What am I going to to do, threaten to take my business elsewhere? Right.
    Last edited by Twisted Reptiles; 09-27-2010 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote Issue
    -Eric-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast