Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,086

1 members and 3,085 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: What is a really mean nasty snake I could keep, before trying to keep a hot?

Quote Originally Posted by llovelace View Post
    One of the guys in my Herp Society got tagged by his hot, ended up costing him close to $1M, when all was said and done.
    up here in canada health care is free (althought i'm not sure it would cover any anti-venin you might require). that being said i friend of mine took a hit from a large naja nigricollis years ago and in addition to 12 vials of juice it cost him a finger. in b.c years ago a man who was bitten suffered from anaphylactic shock and payed with his life! i agree that experience with even the meanest rat snake ever born does very little to prepare you for hot snakes. experience gained under the supervision of someone with experience is by far and away the best way to learn. when it comes to hot snakes even speices that are "not leathel" can and do kill people. take care
    Jason

Thanks

Re: What is a really mean nasty snake I could keep, before trying to keep a hot?

Quote Originally Posted by jason_ladouceur View Post
    up here in canada health care is free (althought i'm not sure it would cover any anti-venin you might require). that being said i friend of mine took a hit from a large naja nigricollis years ago and in addition to 12 vials of juice it cost him a finger. in b.c years ago a man who was bitten suffered from anaphylactic shock and payed with his life! i agree that experience with even the meanest rat snake ever born does very little to prepare you for hot snakes. experience gained under the supervision of someone with experience is by far and away the best way to learn. when it comes to hot snakes even speices that are "not leathel" can and do kill people. take care
    Jason
    Well said...any bite to a vein is the end of you.
    Too many.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12