Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,876

4 members and 3,872 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Front page of fox news..... Want a Python for a Pet? Try Ohio -- For Now

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...est=latestnews

There was also a report today on the radio (I cannot find it in print) of a 9ft burm found in the metro parks 3 miles from my house. Two big local stories in a week. Not good Ohio's.....
    Support my efforts to raise awareness and donations to the Alzheimer's Association in honor of my Grandfather Eugene......
    www.awalktoendalzheimers.com

"No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe while our legislature is in session." - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Re: Front page of fox news..... Want a Python for a Pet? Try Ohio -- For Now

Quote Originally Posted by neilgolli View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...est=latestnews

There was also a report today on the radio (I cannot find it in print) of a 9ft burm found in the metro parks 3 miles from my house. Two big local stories in a week. Not good Ohio's.....
    Wow that article is ridiculously one sided, but then again it is fox news what else can you expect....

They also basically lie in it also, something media does alot... or "bend the truth" they said burms and other snakes were banned in FL but really you can still own them if you breed, and I think some are allowed with licenses? Something like that..

I live in ohio and this is just wrong. Theyre talking about bear attacks and now they want to ban all exotic animals??? Maybe make it harder to get permits for the animals that DO require them but really. WHY would you take a bear out of its cage? That should be illegal, I dont care how good it is... Just basic things to keep the public safe and stop stuff like this from happening...

I for one dont want to see any reptiles banned since I really want to get some big snakes in my future... If anyone finds info on how to fight this ban or what ever they are trying to do.... Inform me. Im finally 18 and can actually do something.

WE HAVE 14 DEATHS IN 20 YEARS FROM ESCAPED EXOTIC PETS...

Really?!?!?!?!?!?!? Why dont they try fighting something thats actually helping people...

And im going to take a wild guess that NONE of them were snakes. Most likley bears, or tigers, or some kind of primate.
    This is my signature
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    0.1 Normal BP
    1.0 Green Iguana
    0.1 Dog
    0.1 Cat

Graffiti Is Art
    Judge me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to I<3Dreamsicles For This Useful Post:

iloveleucie63 (08-31-2010)

Thanks

Arg! Someone posted on Craigslist this week that their Savanna monitor got loose and is wandering somewhere close to where I live. This on top of the gator a couple months ago. Not good at all.
    1.1 crazy dogs
    4.3 even crazier cats
    2.2 bps
    2.0 Off Track Thoroughbreds
    0.3 human kids
    1.0 Boyfriend who puts up with the craziness

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by I<3Dreamsicles View Post
    WE HAVE 14 DEATHS IN 20 YEARS FROM ESCAPED EXOTIC PETS...

Really?!?!?!?!?!?!? Why dont they try fighting something thats actually helping people...

And im going to take a wild guess that NONE of them were snakes. Most likley bears, or tigers, or some kind of primate.
    Oh yeah, Turns out they just said 14 escaped exotic animals? Then I later read on a Yahoo News page that it was 14 attacks that caused injury or death... I think the FOX article came out first, so someones messing this story up and spreading more misinformation... (couldnt edit my original post)
    This is my signature
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    0.1 Normal BP
    1.0 Green Iguana
    0.1 Dog
    0.1 Cat

Graffiti Is Art
    Judge me

Thanks

It's going the same way it did in FL. Bigger more outlandish coverage on anything reptilian. Pretty sure you'll see more staged python captures in populated areas. Once a good chunk of the population believes their about to be killed and eaten by escaped exotic pets......

Thanks
    my cousin told me a lil while ago today on news there was a 8 or 9 foot boa loose in Illinois can't rember the name of the town started with an m
    Last edited by ice#1; 09-02-2010 at 10:37 PM.
    i just like to argue and get you riled up dont take it to mean i dont like you or what I'm agueing about. I'm doing it for the joy of argueing dont anybody like good old fashion debates

Thanks
    I love how they say "The Association of Zoos & Aquariums recommends against exotic pet ownership in part because of the lethal diseases wild animals can carry: distemper and rabies in carnivores"

.... dogs can get rabies, but they're not considered exotic or dangerous. My boyfriend has been bit (and bled!) by my dog (just rough housing/playing, not out of aggression) and we have yet to be bit by one of our snakes!
    Last edited by AcePythons; 09-27-2010 at 10:18 PM.
    -- Cat Haddow

Thanks
    I live outside Cleveland... and when they put the burm story on I laughed and wanted to go get it... then like 2 days later someone said they got bite by the snake...lol...(doubtful)

The bear thing... that was kinda stupid...

The AKC is trying to get pitbulls off the viscous dog list...Even after all these people ruined the reputation of them being extremely good family dogs....

Any dog can be mean... take a pit to a dog park and if a poodle bites another dog... the pit automatically has to go..Wtf??

I own retics and some other snakes... all of which can be put to my face and I know these animals can be dangerous... at the same time it all involves responsibility...

Which some of these owners completely neglect to have... proper caging, proper knowledge, and most importantly Experience!!!

Why should we have to give up our rights to have these amazing animals because of stupid people that just thought they were cool and didn't think twice of the damage they could do...or better yet.... didn't know how big they would get (that's my fav excuse)....

Gotta love this situation....

Thanks
    Exotic pet ownership also includes the risk of infectious disease, damage to the environment when pets are set free or escape, and a growing financial burden on animal rescue groups that run sanctuaries for animals that are abandoned, [Executive Vice President Adam Roberts of Born Free USA] said.
    With that logic, would it not be more productive to make domesticated cat ownership illegal before targeting us exotic pet owners??

Cats are a bigger threat in every talking point this moron pointed out then any species of exotic animals combined!

Thanks
    before this thread goes really out of hand...please keep in mind we are talking about FOX! they are the trolls of television

Thank you!

(This has been a P.S.A. by DemBonez)
    my channel plz check it out!

www.youtube.com/reptopia

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dembonez For This Useful Post:

scutechute (10-19-2010)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast