Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,766

0 members and 2,766 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Calling all dieters!

We had a thread about it a while back. It was more about a certain product though, I wanted to make one just about people who are trying to lose weight!

I'll start off!

I still have the same amount to lose (15-20), but my muscle definition is much better these days. My BF says my form is a TON better than what it used to be. I recently injured my Hamstring and a muscle in my chest/shoulder so I was out of the gym for almost 2 weeks. My BF and I (he's trying to gain weight, so it's a little different) haven't been as dedicated to the gym as we have been in the past. So in a couple weeks we're going to take a vacation and when we come back, it's go time

Anyone else?
    Last edited by Elise.m; 08-31-2010 at 01:40 PM.
    2.0 Crested Geckos

Thanks

Re: Calling all dieters!

I have lost about 10 pounds by just going off my hormone birth control. The weight just fell right off so now I'm wearing my "skinny" shorts.
    1.2 het pied ball pythons, Hoyt, Suzanna & Rayne
    1.0 Hog Island boa, Dax
    1.0 albino ball python, Marty
    1.0 poodle, Vegas
    2.0 guinea pigs, Ralphie and Randy

Thanks
    I'm in!

I got 30 to lose so I can go back .... finally... to my pre-mommy weight.

My husband got me the x-factor pulley system that hangs on the door. The MMA guy in the exercise videos is really cool.

I've been walking 4 miles as many days a week as I can. I have sciatica that never went away from pregnancy so there are days when my back and leg just hurts too much to walk.

Dieting is the problem. I'm terrible at controlling what I eat. I'm on a see-food diet. I see food I like, I eat it.

So, it would be cool to have somebody to "account for". I mean, if we put in how much exercise/diet we did for the week, I might get embarrassed enough to report my laziness that I'll be more inclined to go do it!
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Thanks
    Bahaha, I don't really diet, but ever since I started going to college I pack lunches by me wee self and I've lost about 30 lbs over a year from not being bored and eating all day If I ever get the motivation to work out the rest will probably come off, still have about 40 I want to lose. I love lifting weights! But between chem, bio, full time job and social obligations, I'm a little stretched for time

Erica Evans
    Scourge of the San Juan Islands
    High Tide Exotics
    When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.

"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lusciousdragon View Post
    I have lost about 10 pounds by just going off my hormone birth control. The weight just fell right off so now I'm wearing my "skinny" shorts.
    Gah.... I wish I could do that. I'm in far too much love with my pills though

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    I'm in!

I got 30 to lose so I can go back .... finally... to my pre-mommy weight.

My husband got me the x-factor pulley system that hangs on the door. The MMA guy in the exercise videos is really cool.

I've been walking 4 miles as many days a week as I can. I have sciatica that never went away from pregnancy so there are days when my back and leg just hurts too much to walk.

Dieting is the problem. I'm terrible at controlling what I eat. I'm on a see-food diet. I see food I like, I eat it.

So, it would be cool to have somebody to "account for". I mean, if we put in how much exercise/diet we did for the week, I might get embarrassed enough to report my laziness that I'll be more inclined to go do it!
    I've never had a kid, but my tummy kinda looks like it. When I was 13-14 I ate a lot of fast food, and unhealthy food. I don't know how much I gained, but I gained A LOT of stretch marks, so I'd guess about 20 pounds. And I'm only 5'5 so it looked like more.

I've heard (through multiple sources) writing down what you eat is the best way to control your diet. You really don't want to write down "1 cheeseburger and about... 40 fries" (<-- My weakness) If I wrote down everything I ate, I would probly be a lot lighter right now.

Most personal trainers will tell you 80% of your weight loss is going to be your diet, then 20% is exercise.
    2.0 Crested Geckos

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts
    I went off my diet when my wife told me she didn't really want me to start fighting again awhile back. I was down to 245 lb I think from 284 lbs. and I am still hanging around 245 -248 lbs. just by watching how much I eat. I eat whatever I want but I limit how much of it and how often I eat. Also, all I ever drink is milk and water. NEVER anything else. When I was 284 I drank whole milk. Now I drink 1% milk and hope to make the change to skim milk soon. So i am making a effort slightly to maintain but definitely not to lose.

I also wanted to say good luck to everyone with their diets
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boanerges View Post
    I went off my diet when my wife told me she didn't really want me to start fighting again awhile back. I was down to 245 lb I think from 284 lbs. and I am still hanging around 245 -248 lbs. just by watching how much I eat. I eat whatever I want but I limit how much of it and how often I eat. Also, all I ever drink is milk and water. NEVER anything else. When I was 284 I drank whole milk. Now I drink 1% milk and hope to make the change to skim milk soon. So i am making a effort slightly to maintain but definitely not to lose.

I also wanted to say good luck to everyone with their diets
    My BF wants to start drinking whole milk. I think my face was when he said that. "How could you want to put that stuff in the house while I'M trying to LOSE?!" Lol... Clearly it helps though! That's good to know!
    2.0 Crested Geckos

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts
    Whole milk has 150 cal in 1 cup. I don't know what of that is fat off the top of my head but I know it is alot. 1% has 110 cal per cup (8 oz) and 25 calories are fat. Whole milk will help you gain weight if you drink a lot of it. For instance if you drink a gallon a day you would get 2,400 extra calories just from drinking it but a lot of fat also. The other good thing about milk is there is 9 grams of protein per cup to help with those muscles
    Jeff Bernard

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Boanerges For This Useful Post:

Elise.m (08-31-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elise.m View Post
    Gah.... I wish I could do that. I'm in far too much love with my pills though
    My husband got a vasectomy done. So I no longer had to have my IUD implant in. The 10 pounds fell off in a couple of weeks. I know some women gain weight on them, but geez that was easy.

To get rid of my baby weight years ago (my yougest son is 6 now) I did the Nutrisystem diet where they send you the food in the mail. I lost 10 pounds a month doing that without any exercise. I took off 70 pounds that way. I am one of those pregnant ladies that think they can eat whatever they want. Now after the 10 pounds off from the IUD I only have like another 10 still to go. I wear a small on top, but more of a medium on the bottom and thighs. So I'd like to get that a little smaller to back to prepregnancy weight. I highly recommend the Nutrisystem diet, it teaches you how to eat also, not just to eat the food they give you. Also a great way to lose weight is to write down every single thing you eat with how many calories are in it. Aim for around 1500 calories and then the weight will creep off. Measure out your salad dressing, count out those 3 hershey kisses, be dilligent!
    1.2 het pied ball pythons, Hoyt, Suzanna & Rayne
    1.0 Hog Island boa, Dax
    1.0 albino ball python, Marty
    1.0 poodle, Vegas
    2.0 guinea pigs, Ralphie and Randy

Thanks
    I only drink milk and water now too! Okay, so I cheat, I add a squirt or 2 of PUR Flavor Options lemon or peach flavor onto my cup of water. Supposedly 0 calories 0 sugar 0 dyes. (I wonder what's in it???)

But, my kids drink whole milk. So, what I do is I put 1/3 of milk in a cup and tap it off with water. I guess I'm just getting milk-flavored water.

We went to Cici's yesterday (grr soccer practice!) and I had 2 slices of pepperoni pizza and one slice of apple pizza. A giant improvement from my usual "stuff my face until I can't anymore" Cici's routine. Next time, we're avoiding Cici's altogether.
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast