Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,147

1 members and 1,146 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

A few questions about "Giant geckos"

Im really interested in getting a Giant gecko, the sticky footed ones.. Ive seen them at shows and ive noticed there a bit pricey.. 500-100 $, does anyone know of a cheaper type of them?. like normals, etc? Thanks.

Thanks
    Left out, that I met a guy at the last expo, his name was "Leaping p" im going to guess that there called leachies

Thanks
    Leachies are a bit pricey, but there are a few other large geckos that will not cost as much. Look up Gehyra in any search engine. Most vendors mislabel them as gehyra vorax, but trust me most will end up being marginata. They are almost as large as most leachies, and only a fraction of the cost hence the name poor mans leachie. Hope this helps.
    Mini monitors, other select herps, and aquatics.

Thanks
    Phelsuma madagascariensis grandis aint that costly if you shop around yeah you might have to settle on an import depending on what you consider costly. i once got a trio of captive breed of these for under 100 bucks for all 3 at a local pet shop

also they are the kind that will run across the ceiling with you cursing at them to slow down so you can get them back in there cages
    i just like to argue and get you riled up dont take it to mean i dont like you or what I'm agueing about. I'm doing it for the joy of argueing dont anybody like good old fashion debates

Thanks
    tokays get pretty big and are fairly cheap, have fun handling them though lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts
    You'll never get a "leachie" experience in ownership without buying a leachie.. except perhaps from rhacodactylus chahoua which seem to behave (and visually resemble somewhat) a whole lot like leachies but just a bit smaller.

If all you're looking for is a big gecko though, the other species already suggested are good things to look at.

I believe that Tokays are the most underrated gecko in herpetoculture.

Thanks
    i got a cbb Tokay that can be held and never bitten but from the way she kills her pinkies I'd hate to have her think my figure was a pinkie.

keep her right where she can see everything that goes on in the living room sit near her and she will get as close as she can get and watch what ever your doing.
    i just like to argue and get you riled up dont take it to mean i dont like you or what I'm agueing about. I'm doing it for the joy of argueing dont anybody like good old fashion debates

Thanks

Re: A few questions about "Giant geckos"

Need I say more?

Thanks
    Yeah I love my tokay's for sure. If you can get them to get used to the handling your in like flint. Are group is pretty much all non-biters.
    Here's are caramel male a few days after we got him. Now he will just hang out with ya on your shoulder or head.
    Mini monitors, other select herps, and aquatics.