Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,137

3 members and 3,134 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ... why

Thanks

Re: ... why

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    yes - if there is a new post in a thread, the title is bolded to indicate a new post.

What do you think would make it easier for you to notice there is a new post? Happy to give it a try. Just let me know

I agree with you. It's not too user friendly - so we are looking into something else.
    Changing the color would But im not asking for that, it would be silly to do that just for me, but I can give you my paypal and we can settle this in a better way

Jk, maybe outlining it in a dark color, like a dark grey or black, when there are new posts?

Its not that big of a problem, normally when I want to see if there is new posts, I click on the forum without even looking at that. If new style templates are made for us to choose from, ill have my wish with those
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    To start with, performance.

The site loads much faster - and that is because the new theme uses more of todays standards to render the forum (CSS, rather than Tables)
    Yeh, there are elements that are moved around and even smaller - but I think that was done in order to clear up some space. Forums, in general, have a lot of stuff - and it's hard to neatly present all that stuff.

My opinion on the old theme was too much stuff. Users that don't know how to use a forum are easily overwhelmed.

Don't need to be, maybe.

But this isn't necessarily a case of "if it aint broke, don't fix it" - I think if you give the new layout a chance, you may find that you navigate it quicker than before. I could be wrong - but time will tell.

A majority of folks use the default, dull gray and blue. But we are trying to roll out some new themes right now for those that don't like the default. Patience.
    lol I think this new version has just as much stuff, and a new member would be just as overwhelmed... Its not much more complicated, just they wont have to learn where everything is supposed to be again.

I got rid of the default colors the first day I joined lol... When ever I would go to the QT room I would freak out like whyyyy. (then realize... Oh yeah)
    This is my signature
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    0.1 Normal BP
    1.0 Green Iguana
    0.1 Dog
    0.1 Cat

Graffiti Is Art
    Judge me

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

The new layout does seem too wide to me. I'm having to enlarge the window all the time to see without scrolling back and forth. I'd still like(LOVE) a chatbox button up on the bar, like the old layout had, as that was one of the things I used a lot.

Using IE, the site used to load perfectly fast for me, even when it was pictures or the main forum page. Now the forums page takes a LOT longer to load for me. Since I have to hit "forums" to scroll down to the chat, it's a little annoying. I don't know if that's temporary, or because it's IE, or just me.

I don't like new stuff just because it's new. But I'll get used to the new layout and I keep an open mind, because I know this new stuff is supposed to be better, especially for the site(how much bandwidth and stuff I think).

And I love the dull blue and grey, it's MUCH easier on my eyes. Thanks so much for changing that so quickly.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    The new layout does seem too wide to me. I'm having to enlarge the window all the time to see without scrolling back and forth. I'd still like(LOVE) a chatbox button up on the bar, like the old layout had, as that was one of the things I used a lot.
    So... is there a chat box? I think im missing something...

If not a chat thing would be awesome.
    This is my signature
    0.1 Normal BP
    1.0 Green Iguana
    0.1 Dog
    0.1 Cat

Graffiti Is Art
    Judge me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by I<3Dreamsicles View Post
    So... is there a chat box? I think im missing something...

If not a chat thing would be awesome.
    Look up at the top navigation

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    I think there's more postings now than before the change, but that's just how it seems to me. It's no more complex that I can tell, except that when I want to go to the chatbox, I have to hit the general "forums" and scroll down. I liked having a jump button to the chatbox.

Otherwise, all the steps to post threads, search for new posts, etc, are all the same that I can tell. And they are working on new themes.
    I agree, I think there are actually more posts. and with the new 'HOME' feature I can see exactly how much more.
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Thanks

Only issue I have is having to scroll back and forth to read some posts cause I also use an old computer and IE, but everything is working fine for me. Granted, I've had to look for a few things that I used to know where to find, but it hasn't been hard to find them. I had more issues trying to figure out how to use the site when I first found it versus now and scrolling back and forth isn't that big a deal, really. Great job Nate and thanks for working so hard trying to improve things!!
    *~*Mica*~*
    0.2 Kids
    1.1 Great Danes
    1.0 '09 Pastel BP
    0.1 '09 Lemon Pastel
    0.1 '10 Lesser

Thanks

The facebook thing?

Registration denied. We check new registrations against a database of known forum spammers. At this time, we are unable to contact this database to verify your registration. We are sorry for the inconvenience but please do try again later.
    This is my signature
    0.1 Normal BP
    1.0 Green Iguana
    0.1 Dog
    0.1 Cat

Graffiti Is Art
    Judge me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by I<3Dreamsicles View Post
    The facebook thing?

Registration denied. We check new registrations against a database of known forum spammers. At this time, we are unable to contact this database to verify your registration. We are sorry for the inconvenience but please do try again later.
    hm.

Thanks for pointing that out. Probably gonna have to disable our anti-spam mod (just installed today)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 2,887 Posts

I really like the changes. The layout is very nice and it is a welcome change!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast