Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,830

1 members and 2,829 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Spider Ball and Head wobble... is this a concern and is it common?

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    not trying to offend you, im not joking its asked just about every other day, in some way or another, I think a sticky would benifit newcomers

search "spider wobble" and you will see tons of threads with info on it.
    Fair enough, sorry about getting slighty offended. I know how it is, I am into robotics and computers and am a moderator for a computer overclocking forum (also uses vBulletin) and see similar situations with repeated questions. I apologize!

Thanks

I have a bumblebee who I recently moved to a different tub and he was corkscrewing constantly, could barely go anywhere in the tub without it happening, so I moved him back to his initial tub and he's fine now. Stress is a pretty big trigger for spiders and spider morphs.

Feeding time puts my spiders over the edge! If they miss the first strike, I have to get out of the way because they are coming after my hand if they do miss haha. I laugh but it's not fun with my female spider. My bee is significantly smaller then her.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to piper For This Useful Post:

ericeod (08-20-2010)

Thanks

If you like spiders then get him! Most only have a slight wobble. not too many have a really bad one! They are a great morph to have and my spider is one of my favorites! Also when you first get it, it will wobble more(because of stress) but will calm down once settled in!
    Last edited by seeya205; 08-20-2010 at 01:12 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to seeya205 For This Useful Post:

ericeod (08-20-2010)

Thanks
    Just an update: I've had the Spider for a few days and he seems to be in perfect health and has some amazing markings. He is very tame and doesn't hiss or try to bite (he is just a little head shy). He has already eaten his first meal and has not shown any signs of head wobble. I've read that they all exhibit this trait, so if it is there, I don't notice it.

Link to pics:
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...-over-10-years)

Thanks
    Hi, I'm glad that you are happy with your spider! You will forget about the head wobble soon enough, the beauty of the animal itself will overpower that by miles.. If it does appear after a while.. don't stress too much, it is as trademark spider as it's pattern! Thats what makes a spider so unique!

Hope you enjoy him!

All the best!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy View Post
    The head wobble varies from snake to snake,some may have it bad,others you may hardly notice it. It is also carried over to Spider combo's like the Bumblebee,Lesser Bee,Killer Bee etc. I have never seen a snake affected by it so bad, that it couldn't fully function..
    My Spiders have it too,still they eat like machines.. and that's the other thing you will notice about the Spider Family, their ferocious appetites and their outgoing personality..
    So there is really no difference in needs to a snake with a bit of a wobble, than to a snake with none.

Hope that sums it up for you?
    My Bumblebee wobbles. Didn't know it was a significant thing until I stumbled on an article.

Exactly like this post stated. He wobbles a bit, he explores everything, he without problems, he's got a temper and will bite you if he doesn't want to be bothered. His name is Mr. Hyde, he's my favorite.

Fast Shadow

Thanks

He use to miss at striking... yes, I feed live... he use to miss, but now he's a killer. There are times I think he's not hungry, and before I can finish the sentence, "Maybe he's not..." POW!... Gotcha!

Fast Shadow

Thanks

Post Re: Spider Ball and Head wobble... is this a concern and is it common?

Quote Originally Posted by ericeod View Post
    Fair enough, sorry about getting slighty offended. I know how it is, I am into robotics and computers and am a moderator for a computer overclocking forum (also uses vBulletin) and see similar situations with repeated questions. I apologize!
    i was in a petco buying cat liter and there was a ball python that looked like a bumble bee , it was there for 5 months according to employees, i have had my old man 22 years now this june 7, 2017. long story short, bought her, was fine for 1st month, ate every week, shed once already, than BOOM, this wobble/corkscrew stuff started, did i freak, oh yeah. she eats just fine, very loving, still trying to get used to her movements. her wobble is a little more intense than what ive seen on line so far.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by d7midino View Post
    i was in a petco buying cat liter and there was a ball python that looked like a bumble bee , it was there for 5 months according to employees, i have had my old man 22 years now this june 7, 2017. long story short, bought her, was fine for 1st month, ate every week, shed once already, than BOOM, this wobble/corkscrew stuff started, did i freak, oh yeah. she eats just fine, very loving, still trying to get used to her movements. her wobble is a little more intense than what ive seen on line so far.
    You just responded to a close to 7 years old post and to a person that has not been on the forum in 4 years.
    Deborah Stewart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12