Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,226

1 members and 3,225 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    cinderbird here where I'm from we call them poisonous snakes
    i just like to argue and get you riled up dont take it to mean i dont like you or what I'm agueing about. I'm doing it for the joy of argueing dont anybody like good old fashion debates

Thanks

Re: Once a 'conda eats a fish will it eat only fish after?

Yeah... i smell a big steamy pile of horse poo.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FIEND_FO_LYFE For This Useful Post:

h00blah (09-13-2010),jfreels (09-02-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ice#1 View Post
    cinderbird here where I'm from we call them poisonous snakes
    An 8ft snake like a RTB could actually do fine on the XXL rats or whatever size they go up to which I think 3XL? A snake does not need a variety of food sources, nor does it need to because it's simply not necessary.

Poisonous? Are you serious?

My 7 year old nephew knows the difference between poisonous and venomous, as well as anybody with any knowledge of anything. Poison is absorbed or digested, i.e. Food Poison not Food Venomous, as well as it's a Poison Dart Frog & Not a Venomous Dart Frog. Venom is injected, that's the reason spiders, bees, centipedes, snakes and scorpions as well as other bugs are considered venomous, and that terminology is the same in every single part of the world. The only person that will say a snake is poisonous is a person that doesn't know jack about anything, and that person is usually the one that dislikes snakes. I could seriously make you look really bad, but I don't even have to, because every time you say something or respond to somebody's post you make yourself look bad.

Stuff like how do you feed a large boa or python one food source for it's entire life? It's called you have to change food sources for certain species as they grow because other food isn't sufficient enough for them. Other instances like not spelling "remember" correctly. All in all you've totally discredited anything you've said by the things you've said, as well as embarrassed yourself numerous times. Also when the forums underline something you've typed, it mean's it's not spelled correctly, but that's just a heads up. So go ahead and go to Books-A-Million and purchase some more books and do some reading, then come back and have a civilized intelligent chat with us. Okay? Okay, thanks.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks
    An 8ft snake like a RTB could actually do fine on the XXL rats or whatever size they go up to which I think 3XL?

really what trick do they use to make it not get hungry after 2 days I'd like to know cause my 8 foot burm could eat a half dozen and still hungry by the fallowing Friday

yeah i know about spell check and it gives you a list of options to choose from you know we can't all be perfect like you claim but aint this a snake forum not a spelling forum maybe I'm just mis-reading what this forum was about

none the less you said snakes only need i prey item it's whole life that implies no changes in prey type you know you say i look foolish but your the one who typed it that away not me then you try to make it look like i don't know what I'm talking about by double talking what you said the first time for. son when it comes to reading books about snakes i forgot more about them then you ever knew mister snakes only need 1 prey item it's whole life think i found me a new signature

as far as if they need more then 1 prey item that is for the person who owns the snake to decide not somebody sitting at the other end of the computer even the op says he don't see no wrong in offering his snakes more then 1 food type (notice how you didn't jump on him for saying he did it does it or going to do it. but i say i think it is best on the herps over all condition and you jump all over me) which here's a question for you if mice rats and such give all that a snake needs why do they got vitamins and calcium to add i mean it aint needed cause mice and rats are a complete meal all nicely packaged in itself right (rephrased your words but something you said) also if mice and rats and other rodents are all that is needed to raise a snake hows come in the wild they eat allot of other stuff to me that says the snake wants more then just rodents.

every plant and animal is made up of chemicals in different amounts look on the back of bread notice for humans what it says we are suppose to eat daily to remain healthy notice how there is many foods now look at pet kept mice and rats they aint feed strictly pellet foods they are given different foods. look at any other animal it is advised to give a varied diet to for best health

maybe somebody ought to do some tests to actually see if snakes that are feed a couple different types of prey items are healthier get bigger quicker live longer then if feed just rodents then a group with rodent with vitamins and calcium and a group with many prey items and the regular dusting of prey items.

see as of right now no such testing has taken place most people here this or that and just think of it as fact. hmmm didn't Columbus get told why go that away the world is flat you will fall off. and it was considered fact till he proved them wrong. the right brother use to get laughed at for trying to fly guess who is laughing now them in there graves. guess what our history books are filled with people who thought one way only to be proven wrong by true facts that could be proven not just said it's this way cause people say so

I've seen on several other forums where people have said it causes no harm to add a Lil different prey here and there as a treat for snakes.

honestly how would you feel if all you ever got to eat was hamburgers every meal of your life never a change granted you wouldn't hate it cause it was all you'd know. then lets say your 74 birthday somebody gave you some bacon or a roast to try. you would love it like there was nothing better in the world.

maybe thats why people have there snakes go off feed on them other then breeding time cause there snake is for a lack of a better word protesting to let them know it wants to try something different. but we will never know the answer to that since nobody can read a snakes mind. but i know animals that can communicate will say or sign that they crave something different.

maybe somebody do some tests with different prey items for a few years and weekly give the snake a choice of what it wants then I'd wager the snake wouldn't choose rodents all the time to be a fair test i think would need to use imports as they have tasted other prey then rodents so they would know other food is out there. or if cbb snakes used would have to be just hatched so they would have no preference in what they are feed as long as it is food and even then i'd wager they would not always choose a rodent (cuase every thing living has different Nutritional value when eaten)

honestly wouldn't you want to know for a fact that your snake needs more then your giving them or if that is enough by having it tested so you would know for sure. if i rember right deficiencies can take years to show up and then usually get mis diagnosed.

think about it lizards need a varied diet turtles need a varied diet crocks need a varied diet. all other herps need a varied diet so why don't snakes kind of interesting isn't it want to get a Lil more technical every other animal other then snakes seems to need a varied diet so why not snakes. answer they do just people are to lazy or set in there ways to change even in the best interest of there pets
    i just like to argue and get you riled up dont take it to mean i dont like you or what I'm agueing about. I'm doing it for the joy of argueing dont anybody like good old fashion debates

Thanks
    see i am having a civilized conversation but you and your buddy just give me bad rep when i don't say yes your right when your not somebody else asked me to show proof of how feeding fish was healthier then feeding a snake mice or rats so. looked for going on 3 days now and several thousands of links and aint found any info one way or the other.

show me some proof by some kind of tests done that says all that a snake needs is a rodent if you can't back up what you say then your talking out a different orifice then your mouth so time to put your money where your mouth is so to speak. and I'm so sure you can't find any such testing I'll give any and all people who can find such test results +rep and will even say i was wrong and you were right (and i hate to be proven wrong aint happened much in 36 years) but i'm a big enough of a man to say i was wrong are you when you can't find no proven facts where some tests were done on this

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm not even going to read your whole message because you were obviously ignorant enough to not comprehend mine. I said most snakes can do fine on one prey item for their entire life. Meaning a BP would be fine on rats it's entire life. An 8 ft RTB & an 8 ft Burm are two totally different animals, and at that size there is also a significant difference. If you had a lick of common sense you would know that. I'm also not your son, as I would rather be a vegetable then have an ignorant father, so don't call me son, I have a name if you need to refer to me alright? My original post simply said that if you're going to tell people to do what most tell them not to, because it's been seen many times where a Yellow won't come off fish or even chicks. Do you know why? It taste different, just like humans prefer one food over the other, you know? I mean well you may not know but that's what I'm trying to help here. Our argument was never that they couldn't survive or anything on other food items, it was about you being ignorant.

The topic has gone off thread, and anything you've said and will say in the future will be discredited by anybody who reads this thread because of the proof of your lack of knowledge.

Edit:
    You're not having a civilized conversation because you're obviously lying about "poisonous snakes" you've kept along with half of your information, so how is that civil? It's you coming in here and getting the knowledge Anaconda owners riled up because you don't know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Neal; 08-25-2010 at 08:59 PM.
    -Venomous-

Thanks
    because it's been seen many times where a Yellow won't come off fish or even chicks.

OK so where is your proof his yellow will get hooked on fish. you can't prove his snake will get hooked his snake is diferant then other peoples yellows. i went a reread every post hear all i saw is a couple people say they heard that a yellow will get hooked not a single person has said they tried it and there yellow got hooked on fish yes 1 person said there yellow got hooked on chicks.

so 1 person said there yellow got hooked on anything. so where you getting your info at then cause it wasn't from this thread as only 1 person said there yellow got hooked and that was to chicks. not a single person who claimed a yellow would get hooked offered the op some proof that it happens just hear say of i heard it happens but no links to show it does happen.

what lack of knowledge? how so cause i try stuff you heard that is suppose to be wrong or bad and say my snakes never got hooked or died (gee glad i didn't say how this last year my burm started eating chickens twice a month and never got hooked)
    rember this even though snakes per species all require the same basic care does not mean they will all react the same to outside stimulation whether it be food or how they respond to there owners. yes some will get hooked on food some won't to. me that shows that snakes are smart enough to prefer 1 type of prey over another. and gets proven time and again by threads of my snake wont eat nothing but this or that.

in going back and rereading i saw where a guy said kids use to bring him trout that he feed to his green anaconda. he never said it wouldn't eat anything other then fish after that so there is a person who said he did it and his snake didn't get hooked. that kind of discredits your opinion of the ops yellow will get hooked. and i say opinion cause thats all you can offer you can't offer any facts as you aint tried it or even tried varying prey items. so honestly you have no clue at all if the ops yellow will get hooked or not

like i said thats why there should be somebody to do some strict testing and find the facts not myths beleaved to be facts just cause some peoples gets hooked here and there don't make it a fact

noticed how you avoided the question of if all other herps need a varied diet to be at there best health why don't snakes

Thanks
    Blog Entries

If you read all my messages I never stated that a yellow would get hooked on just fish. I said it's a chance. I know three people that breed Yellow Anacondas, and each of the three have had them(not all) refuse rodents, and they've had to feed fish and/or chicks and they had major issues getting them off. I'm not saying his snake will get hooked, but it's a possibility, so why risk it? The snake does not need to eat fish.
    -Venomous-

Thanks
    definition of civil
    adj.

1. Of, relating to, or befitting a citizen or citizens: civil duties.
    2. Of or relating to citizens and their interrelations with one another or with the state: civil society; the civil branches of government.
    3. Of ordinary citizens or ordinary community life as distinguished from the military or the ecclesiastical: civil authorities.
    4. Of or in accordance with organized society; civilized.
    5. Sufficiently observing or befitting accepted social usages; not rude:

you say I'm not having a civil conversation yet I'm not the one being rude using words like ignorant which is being rude i ask you to show proof of what you say and all you can respond is i don't know what I'm talking about just cause my point of view is different then yours. hear common sense would say that from as many species of herps i kept in 30 years and have always offered more then 1 prey item would show i know for a fact not all snakes will get hooked on one type of prey yes some will some won't as it depends on the snake not the prey offered his baby anaconda could just as easily get hooked on mice. we see that all the time even a thread about it happening on the boards right now where the guy has to feed his ball 4 to 6 mice a week cause it refuses to eat rats.

and you say i don't see your side or point of view or something like that well that goes hand in hand with you don't see my side from the get go i said to help keep snakes from getting stuck on 1 prey type of animal to offer a couple from the get go not to solely feed just 1 type of food. as by varying the prey the snake will know there is more there to eat then just this or that so when it comes time to switch to bigger prey the snake will accept new food more readily then if just feeding 1 type of food cause it knows from past meals there is more then what it has lived it's whole life on. to you that seems to be wrong. as me saying that is what made you start this whole off topic thread conversation.
    oh and trust me if i wanted to get everybody riled up i could do it with-out trying to help the op notice i aint the one going out of my way to post anything about what somebody else said to the op only you did that not me. i only commented on what people said to me not going out of my way to argue

you questioned my experience now I'm questioning yours lets hear what all you have kept and how long you have been keeping herps. i've posted at least once on this forum what all i have kept. and said a few times how long i have been into keeping herps and studying them

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    You gave your experience which was discredited by the whole poisonous thing, but we aren't discussing that. If you want to get technical I've been keeping snakes for around 15 years, and I assisted a friend that breeds anacondas, so I know how picky they can get. There is no need to offer additional food items then a rodent until the snake outgrows it. That was my whole point.

My whole ignorant thing was because you don't pay attention when you type, or you don't know the definition of the words you type.

In your above message you said: "hear common sense.... etc...". For starters hear is when you are listening to something/somebody, for instance I can hear you or I can't hear you. What you should of put was "here". Next time you want to go define words, seriously type what you want, then read it, then re-read it, then re-read it again because every single time you say something, you discredit your previous post. I mean you talk about you've had this and that for 20+ years, but you can't differentiate here & hear? The subject needs to be changed before I really start making you look bad.
    -Venomous-

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast