Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,999

2 members and 2,997 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Killer Aliens

Thanks

Killer Aliens

Just stumbled across this program on Animal Planet tonight. Dont know if it is old or been mentioned but it was very aggravating to watch. It was a show on how "invasive species" namely bumese and nile moniters are taking over FLA. There was a few other animals highlighted but it was basically a show dedicated to how horrible burms are. They revolved everything around them. It was VERY one sided and that FLA senator was on there talking about the actions they are taking to stop this. I dont know if its online to watch but if you can check it out I suggest it.
    Check us out on Facebook at LockDown Exotics
    https://www.facebook.com/lockdownpets

Thanks

Re: Killer Aliens

Really hate political propaganda shows like that

Thanks

I saw that about a month ago....It is very aggrevating....I believe they said that they are now killing burmese in the Everglades and no longer "rescue" them. Correct me if I'm wrong....But there's another show out, I think on discovery...Not sure....I think it's called Python Hunters....They actually capture and rescue burmese in South FL. They also speak against this "killer alien" issue....Def a good watch if you get a chance to see it

BPnet Senior Member iCandiBallPythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 829 Posts

python hunters is on natgeo wild
    Malcolm S.
    Premier Ball Python Mutations

Like Us on Face Book or Visit our website

Thanks

ugh it disgusts me where r the irwins!!! sigh animal planet never put such nonsense out before.

Thanks

I saw that last night and was very upset. They pretty much only talked to one guy that would go out and get them and then the rest of the interviews were just people that had a cat attacked by a Burmese [and in all honesty not trying to be mean, but if you have a cat that you let in and out or let around a Burmese python, you always expect that one day, it just might not come back], a couple that let their kid play unsupervised with a Burmese so it put the kid's food in it's mouth and a Senator that's leading the ban.

I also didn't like the fact that they keep saying that the Burmese were going to move out of the Everglades and take over 32 Southern states. That doesn't seem viable to me.
    1.1.0 Ball Pythons [Sparks & Zoey]
    0.1.0 Sandfire x Giant German Citrus Bearded Dragon [Isis]
    0.0.1 Crested Gecko Tattoo [Dorian Gray]
    1.0.0 Fiance [Jordan]

I'm a girl that likes reptiles, tattoos, tech, cars, and F1 races. Now if only I had more room in my house for computers and tanks, and a huge garage for cars and trucks...

Click here to check out Threadless.com!

Thanks

yep i seen it last night on tv this show made me so mad ..... and they were even talking about how berms were so bad and showing images of boas if your going to talk bad about them at least have the right snake on the screen stupid people lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snake2615 View Post
    yep i seen it last night on tv this show made me so mad ..... and they were even talking about how berms were so bad and showing images of boas if your going to talk bad about them at least have the right snake on the screen stupid people lol
    keep people uneducated about what snake is what, and they will fear all snakes thinking no matter what, its going to kill them. To me, thats the plan with shows like that. Just to push for the bans

Thanks

It's only because they are big snakes. Think about all the other non-native species down their, iguanas, fire ants, cane toads... The pythons aren't linked to any decrease in natural wildlife.

I hate how on the news they show pet Burmese as examples of the Burms in the everglades, big, obese 15 + foot breeder females which bear absolutely no resemblance to the wild pythons in the Everglades.

For those of you who caught "Python Hunter's" on NatGeo wild, you know exactly what is happening down there. If you haven't seen that show yet then try to keep an eye out for it. It's the only show, that I know of, on TV that shows the truth of the pythons "problem".
    - John

0.1 Salmon (DH Sunglow) BCI, 1.0 Kahl Albino BCI, 0.1 Normal CA BCI
    0.0.1 Miami Corn Snake, 0.0.1 Classic Corn Snake

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maverickgtr View Post
    I saw that last night and was very upset. They pretty much only talked to one guy that would go out and get them and then the rest of the interviews were just people that had a cat attacked by a Burmese [and in all honesty not trying to be mean, but if you have a cat that you let in and out or let around a Burmese python, you always expect that one day, it just might not come back]
    From what I remember they weren't "letting their cat around a burmese", the cat went outside...like cats do, and a burm that was let go irresponsibly, got the cat. Its not like she put her cat in a cage with one or something. I like snakes and all, but they have to get rid of the burms let into the wild because its going to start effecting the entire food change. Its reality.
    briana -
    http://www.iherp.com/dudleydragon

1.0 bearded dragon
    0.1 normal leopard geckos
    1.0 pastel
    0.1 lesser platinum
    0.1 yellow belly

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BrianaK For This Useful Post:

abuja (08-14-2010)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast