Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 903

0 members and 903 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Royal Morphz Maker Royal Morphz's Avatar
    Thanks

What would you do????

Ok the scenario, someone comes to you as says hey I have a Albino female to sell what would you give for her. Hmmm... I think anyone in this hobby would love a Albino female especially a female almost breeding size. Ok heres the story.

I got a call from a local couple trying to sell a Albino and het pair, they left a message so I figured I would call when I got off work. When I got home I gave them a call and left a message. While waiting for the call back I got a text from a good friend here in Vegas asking me what I think a female Albino about 1200g+ is worth. I figured I lost out and congratulated him on a great pickup. Then the phone rings and its the couple they explained they already placed the Albino with my friend and kinda gave me a back story on the animal, I said my goodbyes and that was that.

Now it gets a bit interesting. I called my friend that got the animal and was just gonna get some info on her(was she really a she, did he get any photos of her on clutches, how was her health, just the normal things) and he was excited as I and anyone else I know would be. He gave me the same back story the couple gave be, but a little more about it. Like the animal was payment for services done for a local shops kids, and that the local shops kid told his Pop that the animal died and really he had payed a debt with it. I was shocked as was my friend. He hadn't been given this information until after he received the animal. I knew what I had to do because not only have I known the local shop owner many years but he is a friend. I let my friend know he needed to pass this animal either to the rightful owner or ask the pervious owner to do the right thing and take it back to the shop it was stolen from. This was already in my friends head and I know he would have done the right thing anyways, I just made things happen faster.

I contacted the shop owner and asked if he had a Albino BP pass in the last month or so and he said yes, I asked if he had a son that just had tattoo work done and he said yes. I then told him the whole story and he was excited but very let down that his own child would do this and who wouldn't. I told him I would work on getting his animal back quickly and I went about that process.

I contacted the previous owner(the tattoo artist) first to give him my advice. Then I contacted my friend and worked it out. He chose to meet them at the original owners shop the next morning. I am happy to say that because of his character and honesty he was able to fix this for the shop owner and make things right. This is what I say all the time, " I surround myself with great people to keep me a great person", or I will use my friends saying "a good person can do good things when nobody is watching".

In the end what would you have done if you were in my friends or my place?
    I have not included any names because I felt they weren't needed to tell this story. Thank you all and please give your opinion of what you would do.
    Tim Johnson

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Royal Morphz For This Useful Post:

BEasy119 (08-10-2010),cathys99471 (08-11-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Re: What would you do????

I think I lost track...
    The BP belonged to a shop, the son of the shop owner took the BP(said it died) and gave it to a couple as payment rendered. The couple sold the BP to your friend. Your friend returned the BP to the shop owner.

Is this right? If so, will your friend get HIS money back, and will the couple get THEIR "money back" (i.e. the son of the shop still owes them the money?)?

I'd hate to think your friend paid out good cash for stolen property and ended up with nothing at all just for doing the right thing(i.e. returning the BP to the actual owner).

You and your friend did the right thing, getting the animal back to the rightful owner. I just hope something works out so that all the good folks don't end up totally screwed.

If the couple knew the snake was basically stolen property, they should go down with the son of the shop too! Just thought of that. If they told the story behind the snake, they had no right to accept stolen property, much less sell it to your friend. If he knew the story, he shouldn't have paid for it, since he's bought stolen property(although he made the situation right by returning it).

Wow.. that just so convoluted!!! It's such a pity that the guy's son had to rip off his own kin that way!
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

BEasy119 (08-10-2010),cathys99471 (08-11-2010),Royal Morphz (08-10-2010),wilomn (08-12-2010)

Royal Morphz Maker Royal Morphz's Avatar
    Thanks

Theresa you have it right except my friend hadn't paid for it yet and the people that took it from the store owners son knew the animal was stolen from the store. I am very proud that my friend did the right thing, but I expected he would anyways.

So in short the store owner and the guy his son gave the animal to talked it out.
    Tim Johnson

Thanks

Cool Re: What would you do????

DAMN,

THIS IS A GREAT STORY AND HOPEFULLY IT HAD A GREAT ENDING. HOPEFULLY EVERYONE CAME OUT HAPPY. THAT'S CRAZY A SON WOULD DO THAT TO HIS FATHER.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BEasy119 For This Useful Post:

Royal Morphz (08-10-2010)

Thanks

Sounds like you guys did the right thing. Good karma comes back just as fast as bad karma does.
    `*`

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shadera For This Useful Post:

cathys99471 (08-11-2010),Royal Morphz (08-10-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

I'm glad your friend wasn't out money to do the right thing! Yay!

Now I hope the son and the couple all get something done about their illegal work.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

I would have done the same thing, hopefully this will serve as a lesson for the store owner's son and the people who knowingly received a stolen property.
    Deborah Stewart

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

cathys99471 (08-11-2010),Royal Morphz (08-11-2010)

Thanks

That's just crazy that the son would do that to his own Family!! I'm glad you and your friend did the right thing.. the temptation was high but as was said before.. Good Karma comes back around just as quickly as Bad Karma!! Keep up the Honesty and Integrity

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cathys99471 For This Useful Post:

Royal Morphz (08-13-2010)