Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,045

1 members and 3,044 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

And Yet Another Should I Trade?

hi everyone i been here a couple of time saying that if i should i trade my pied for other snakes. you all have made me keep my pied im not trading him no more sorry about the title. but i was just wondering if this one is good. well a guy from where i live has balls too and knows me and my cousin who has ball pythons to and know what we got. so he offered to trade his 1700 gram female spider for my pied. im not going to but just wondering if it will be good

and also on the side is that i have not showed any pics of my snakes so after i come back from the LA show this weekend will put pics of all my snakes new and old.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Re: And Yet Another Should I Trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Orlandoflor View Post
    hi everyone i been here a couple of time saying that if i should i trade my pied for other snakes. you all have made me keep my pied im not trading him no more sorry about the title. but i was just wondering if this one is good. well a guy from where i live has balls too and knows me and my cousin who has ball pythons to and know what we got. so he offered to trade his 1700 gram female spider for my pied. im not going to but just wondering if it will be good

and also on the side is that i have not showed any pics of my snakes so after i come back from the LA show this weekend will put pics of all my snakes new and old.
    Depending on the pieds age, size and if proven that female spider is a good trade for a male pied. I wouldnt hesitate to trade a pied male for a ready to breed female spider

Thanks

I would definitely do that trade.. But that's just me.
    ~ Nicole
    www.CanadianRegius.com

Click to Like & Subscribe to Candian Regius!

Thanks

Since I don't know the age, nor weight of your Pied, I wouldn't care to venture a suggestion. More information is need on both snakes.

Your male Pied is worth anywhere from $750 or more. But it's true worth is much lower because you don't have anything to bred it to.

The Spider can be worth more than the Pied. If it can be utilized in your breeding program, then you have to consider the trade. If you are not breeding the Spider, I personally would keep the Pied. But this is just my opinion.

Jim Smith

Thanks

I personally wouldn't trade anything for a pied. They're by far my favorite morph, and spiders are one of my least favorites.

Assuming I had no emotional attachment to my hypothetical pied, I'd only think of trading it for a leuci or desert or other really expensive morph(which, let's be honest, probably wouldn't happen), then sell that snake and buy a pair of baby pieds to breed XD.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

i too would do that trade - a breedable spider with any other male would make cool combos!! if your interested in breeding, it seems to be a good trade (Depending on the health of the spider..)

it all depends on what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

You have asked three times if you should trade it - I can only assume you don't like it.

I think you should send it to me so I can love it and hug it and never let it go.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

I say take the trade, but breed your pied to the spider before the trade...so you get spiders het for pied. Haha.

Thanks

i like it but i have nothing to breed it too the het pied i was going to put him with died in a freak accident so i was thinking i least i have something to breed this upcoming season. and im planning to get some normal females and some male morphs like i said this saterday or sunday when i got to the reptile show

Thanks

I would trade...for the big female, and pick up a male pastel at the show...
    you could make bumblebees this season!

That's me though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast