Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,417

2 members and 3,415 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: BP handeling

Thanks

BP handeling

i got a bp about 4 weeks ago, she was extremely underweight and kept in a poor, dry environment with only a lamp for heat. now she is doing insanely better. she has never moved as much as she has been lately. being very explorative in her enclosure, she just ate her first small rat the other day after only being fed pinkies for 6 years. i know most of the general stuff like not durring a shed and not for about a week after eating but my question is how often should you handle your ball python? what is too much? what is too little? how long should i generaly hold her? i was told 15 min or so at a time every other day but im looking for a possibly a better idea on how much handeling is just right.

Thanks

Re: BP handeling

Don't handle on feeding day and 48 hours after! Other than that, you can handle as often as you like. Start small and work your way up! 15 minutes once a week and slowly work your way up to daily or every other day, that's up to you! You don't have to handle at all if you don't want to! Good job on saving the bp! Here is a caresheet to make sure everything is up to par: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules/...warticle&id=59

3. The Following User Says Thank You to seeya205 For This Useful Post:

deadsmiley (08-01-2010)