Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,626

2 members and 2,624 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Good to know I wasnt the only one! lol

0.1 Albino
    0.2 Classic
    0.1 Het. Red Axanthic
    0.1 Mojave h. Ghost
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Spider h. Ghost
    1.0 Black Pastel
    1.0 Blue Eye Leucistic h. Ghost
    1.0 Lesser
    1.0 Pastel h. Ghost

0.1 Morelia bredli
    0.0.1 Varanus acanthurus (Silly)
    0.1 Brachypelma auratum
    0.1 Scottisch Fold (Tipsy)
    0.1 Abyssinian (Prim)

http://www.facebook.com/AAExoten

Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 689 Posts
    Well I just read the whole thread as well! Man...that's worse than a cliff hanger ending on a movie prepping for a sequel...Arg!!

Thanks
    From what I can tell, 3 hatched. A normal male? at 45g, and 1.1 bee 69g and 47g, not sure which was which. They lost one egg on day 68 and a second normal died shortly after hatching. She sold the female bee here and as far as I can tell kept the normal and male bee. So now we know! Kinda. She updated on the bee a year later

Lol, hated how this thread just ended!

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...pider-Pre-shed
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...tting-prettier!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sama For This Useful Post:

Kaorte (07-30-2012)

Thanks

Re: EMERGENCY HELP!!! - Quiet Tempest, I need you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama View Post
    From what I can tell, 3 hatched. A normal male? at 45g, and 1.1 bee 69g and 47g, not sure which was which. They lost one egg on day 68 and a second normal died shortly after hatching. She sold the female bee here and as far as I can tell kept the normal and male bee. So now we know! Kinda. She updated on the bee a year later

Lol, hated how this thread just ended!

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...pider-Pre-shed
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...tting-prettier!
    Oh my gosh! I can't believe this was TWELVE YEARS AGO!

I just re-read this entire thread and I was like... huh, why did I not post the pictures of the babies born? Silly woman. So, ok... let me just figure out where to load pictures (photobucket stopped hosting for free) and I'll finish up this thread properly with a TWELVE YEAR UPDATE! STAY TUNED!
    Last edited by anatess; 08-23-2022 at 03:40 PM.
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anatess For This Useful Post:

Alicia (08-23-2022),Bogertophis (08-23-2022),GoingPostal (08-23-2022),Homebody (08-23-2022),nikkubus (08-23-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post

I just re-read this entire thread and I was like... huh, why did I not post the pictures of the babies born? Silly woman. So, ok... let me just figure out where to load pictures (photobucket stopped hosting for free) and I'll finish up this thread properly with a TWELVE YEAR UPDATE! STAY TUNED!
    No pressure...
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

anatess (08-23-2022)

Thanks
    Okay, as an update -

This was our one and only breeding attempt. We hatched out 3 snakes:
    1 - Normal (the prettiest one I've seen). She was a big problem. Wouldn't eat. We had to force feed. Finally started to eat but would go on starvation diets periodically. She died not too long after.

2 - Bumblebee female. I shipped her to one of the members here who breeds ball pythons. I checked on her periodically and after a few years, she passed away as well. I don't know if she was able to produce a clutch for the breeder. It would be so cool if she did and we can have an update on her babies.

3 - Bumblebee male. This boy was a powerhouse. He was the the biggest in the clutch, ate like rats are going out of style, bitey as heck at first but eventually calmed down. He grew up to be a super pretty and chill snake who tolerates being passed around at parties. He's our prettiest snake so is the most popular with the guests. He is 12 years old!

4 - Mom Pastel. Mom remained the queen python that she is, aloof and moody. I can't remember anymore if it was that very next winter when she passed away. She got EGG BOUND! I did not expect this because we didn't put her with any other snake ever again after that. She somehow still made eggs for some mind-boggling reason. The vet couldn't save her. She was a ginormous snake going on 4 feet long and fat around.

5 - Dad Spider. The kids call him a "special needs" snake. He's not. He just has the spider quirkiness - he rotates his head in unexpected directions, sometimes twisting himself into a pretzel. This is our only snake that somehow manages to eat a rat sideways - folding it in half. It's the craziest thing. But he's thriving and still pretty. He's about 14 years old now.

And for the pictures. Dun dun dun.....

Dad is on the left (Salazar). Son is on the right (Jack). They're both big, fat snakes!

----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anatess For This Useful Post:

Argentum (08-23-2022),Bogertophis (08-23-2022),Homebody (08-23-2022),Kryptic (08-25-2022),nikkubus (08-23-2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post

Just myself, but I find it incredibly easy to just upload pictures to my 'gallery' through the profile and use the link provided to post them here. No worry about them disappearing from the source location (unless you delete them from the gallery). Unfortunately it means they WILL disappear if you do delete them from the gallery, since posts can only be edited right after they're made...
    BP: 1.2

Ultrafly, 6y+
    Banana Firebee, 5y+
    Pastave Bee Super Enchi Banana +/-, 1y

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Argentum For This Useful Post:

anatess (08-23-2022),Bogertophis (08-23-2022),Homebody (08-23-2022)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456