Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,662

2 members and 3,660 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daytona

Thanks

Re: Daytona

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic Exotic View Post
    Any idea why the Phantoms haven't fallen more inline with the Mystics? I know the Phantom version of the Potion didn't look exactly like the Mystic Potion but I think we've pretty much established that they are different lines of the same morph like the Butter and Lesser which just look slightly different. If the Phantom price would get inline with the Mystic then that opens up my options at the show. I just don't want to pay $1,000 more for essentially the same freaking gene.
    The purple passion and the mystic potion look pretty much the same. There is variation in color and pattern in every clutch of every morph, so, I'm thinking...same gene, just pick your breeder stock with desirable characteristics.

This is how I understand it, and correct me if I'm wrong, folks:
    RDR held his Phantom prices pretty steady. When Anthony McCain discovered the Mystic, I think he marketed it as "unproven Phantom" in a line separate from Ralph's. After he proved them out, he kept the Mystic name rather than "McCain-line Phantom." Mystics were sold more affordably, so more breeders have them now. Some people still think that they're totally separate animals (different genes), so prices remain divided.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic Exotic View Post
    Thanks. Unfortunately I've got to leave Saturday as my son starts school on Monday. Any idea why the Phantoms haven't fallen more inline with the Mystics? I know the Phantom version of the Potion didn't look exactly like the Mystic Potion but I think we've pretty much established that they are different lines of the same morph like the Butter and Lesser which just look slightly different. If the Phantom price would get inline with the Mystic then that opens up my options at the show. I just don't want to pay $1,000 more for essentially the same freaking gene.
    So then buy a Mystic instead.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    So then buy a Mystic instead.
    Yep, wouldn't be an unwise investment.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

That's exactly what I do plan to do. My point was that if the Phantom price would get inline with the Mystic (which based on my research, it hasn't) then it opens up options because I could buy either depending on what is available. But no, I'm definitely not going to pay a lot more for a Phantom. I'll wait to find a Mystic I like.

Thanks

This will be my 3rd Daytona show and I'll continue to go each year. My son lives in Ormond Beach and attends Embry Riddle in Daytona, so I've got a built in place to stay and a car to drive. So, it only costs me a flight and food. That is if you don't count the tuition and house rental.

Not a bad trade off.
    Jim Smith

Thanks

The reason Phantoms haven't come down it because Ralph is still selling them all day for those prices....would you drop your prices just because they're selling cheaper elsewhere even though you're still selling them for the price you're asking? My opinion is the prices of Mystics needs to get inline with the Phantoms....

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Martin View Post
    The reason Phantoms haven't come down it because Ralph is still selling them all day for those prices....would you drop your prices just because they're selling cheaper elsewhere even though you're still selling them for the price you're asking? My opinion is the prices of Mystics needs to get inline with the Phantoms....
    I'm not saying I want prices to fall - enough morphs have hit basement prices so it's good to see others that are holding steady. My point is that this is basic economics. More supply=lower prices. With the Mystics being basically the same thing, Ralph no longer has this market cornered. You would think that would drive Phantom prices lower. But yeah, if I was him and could still sell them all day long at higher prices I'd do the same too.

Thanks

I'm disappointed to see so many big names not coming but knowing it's still going to have some others there, plus still be 200+ strong as far as vendors go will make it worth attending. But I guess it's easier to say that when you only live 25 minutes from the venue...

Thanks

Rooms booked, and can't wait for the expo. I hear it was a disappointed me as far as size next year, but have heard from many the selection was amazing, and I think this year is gonna surpass last year. I know it will be a fun time if nothing else! Whos all going?
    Custom reptile and amphibian enclosures! As well as other custom wood working.

Thanks

We will be there. I love the symposiums but I am sad that the Barkers will not be there. I have not decieded which symposium I will attend or if I will split my time between the chameleons and the morelia.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast